So what did you do with your truck today?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
just drove mine to work today after sitting for a while. holio firetruck batman i forgot how loud the turbo got under load. i hate to say it but i think i need a turbo muffler of some kind LOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the good old budget strap

you have a welder, you should be able to booger weld something together LOL

Yes I do but not enough room for the truck in the garage right now and these straps are free (I was given two rolls and already had part of a roll from another project).

These are what I used although I think I got them in bulk a lot cheaper.

AP Exhaust 339819S Exhaust Hanger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A5O8AE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.HV6BbPDM3WP3

Not bad. Truthfully most of the factory hanger is left. I could pull it all off, weld it back together and put it in, but I'm hoping to get a bigger exhaust in sometime soon. This one is smooshed in a few places and leaking at every joint lol. Plus... See my comment to subway. Free is mo betta, especially when it's the easier way too LOL

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a rear tank in my 6.9. It never had one since I bought it. Had to also get a new tank selector valve. I got an FSV2A and wired it to the toggle switch that came with it. Seems to be working, I filled both tanks and have to wait to see which one is really running. The switch does change the fuel sending unit as well as the tank feed, and the gauge responded right from both tanks when I tested it with the new tank empty, now it's just a matter of seeing if it is pulling fuel correctly with which gauge it's reading. Might have to swap wires around.

Also, when I put the tank in I tried a "different" fast fill mod of pulling the plastic check valve thing out of the top of the tank and using a grommet with a 3/4npt to hose barb connecting with a fuel hose running upwards into the frame. Never have I seen fuel go into the tank so easily.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What ever you need to do to get where you're going. I had a muffler rot off of the exhaust in front of it in my old 84 Mustang. I had to use some extra speaker wire that I had inside to get it back to work after lunch one time.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol all this talk of exhaust brackets I broke one on the way to work today and had to tie wire it up

Father in law needed me to stop by because his "exhaust came apart"

The y pipe on his nissan is in two and a half pieces.... Because half a piece is completely missing!

That one has already been patched a few dozen times before he got it so it'll be fun to fix....

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Father in law needed me to stop by because his "exhaust came apart"

The y pipe on his nissan is in two and a half pieces.... Because half a piece is completely missing!

That one has already been patched a few dozen times before he got it so it'll be fun to fix....
I'd just cut it out and start new

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just cut it out and start new

As would I if either of us had the money to do so. I'm going to remake the Y and cut back into good steel on the rest. I would normally just replace it with a factory Y pipe but the original flanges are long since cut off and replaced with welded joints.

robw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the good old budget strap

you have a welder, you should be able to booger weld something together LOL
a previous owner of my turbo diesel that cut the muffler welded a **** pipe to go in front of the passenger wheel, also welded a piece of rebar from the exhaust to the frame.

If a plan is simple, but works...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online