So what did you do with your truck today?

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need more fuel! You could still see the sled in the picture. Not nearly enough smoke.

[emoji16]
Hey! I am running a Baby Moose... not messing with it. But ya, mebe could see a little black I guess.
My pull is not for real, just the local guy doing the demo pull.

P.S. Joke in the neighborhood is that I could never have a girlfriend... damn truck is a mobile landmark, can't hide from anyone!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fired the ol girl up and ran her around the block. She's been sitting since I found the throttle cable ready to let go but I decided to wake her up anyway. Apparently she'll spin the tires in reverse LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

I ordered my throttle cable last week from Tasca and expected to get it by Saturday. After a day and a half with no emailed shipping info I finally got an email saying.... They had to order it and it'll ship whenever they get it usually in 3-5 days...

Next time I'll pay the extra $10 on eBay from someone who actually has one in stock! I just wish there was something saying they weren't in stock. Don't think I'll order from them again.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Got the antique prepped to tow my green obs to my brother's farm about 365 kms away.

Flat towing with a tow bar.

I'll heading out Saturday morning.
A little extra weight in the back.

Hopefully the trip is uneventful. Which reminds me, I need to pick up a spare fuel filter. It'll be running on my WMO cocktail, so just in case...

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Made it! Good thing I picked up a fuel filter. (I can't believe I didn't have a spare with me.) I only got about 2 blocks from home when the truck died. The diesel gods were looking after me. :) The filter wrench that I brought with me was too thick to fit between the filter and the van filter head that I'm running. Doh! A 2 block walk back to my garage and a few minutes later the filter was replaced. It fired right up and I had no further problems. The truck ran great! I love the turbo.

I did have a minor casualty though. After bumping over the railroad tracks, the jolt was so violent, it knocked one of my magnetic tow lights off. It popped the lens and retainer out. They are AWOL.

I love my truck. I like the way the engine purrs. I like the exhaust note. I like the comfy seats. I like the fact that it is my custom truck, and that is economical to run with my WMO cocktail. I actually have a big goofy grin on my face when I drive this truck.

Keep on truckin. :)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I did have a minor casualty though. After bumping over the railroad tracks, the jolt was so violent, it knocked one of my magnetic tow lights off.
I learned over 20 years ago to use a piece of baling/mechanic's wire as a back up in case this happens. As for my truck, yesterday (Saturday) I hooked onto my pickup bed trailer and went to a friend's house to cut firewood to burn in my garage this winter. Only about 1/3 of what was cut and moved was loaded into my trailer. The rest was too big or too green. We were both pretty beat so I didn't get up and around too quickly this morning. around 11:30 this morning, I got a text from him asking if I wanted to cut some more today I said give me a couple of hours. I had to unhook the trailer, clean the sawdust out of my two saws so that they would oil better, and then drive to his house. We filled the bed of my truck with firewood today. At least most of it was for me to use this time. I didn't really need any of it, but he wanted it gone and had some other guys lined up to get it. I decided that it's better that I get what I wanted instead of letting someone else get it.:Thumbs Up

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the antique prepped to tow my green obs to my brother's farm about 365 kms away.

Flat towing with a tow bar.

I'll heading out Saturday morning.
A little extra weight in the back.

Hopefully the trip is uneventful. Which reminds me, I need to pick up a spare fuel filter. It'll be running on my WMO cocktail, so just in case...
down here in the lower 48, flat towing is mostly illegal unless you have some form of brake assist on the towed vehicle.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is? Well ****, I might have to check my state laws... I flat tow my dad's jeep everywhere...
think about it. in his case, it's an F250 towing and F250. you're towing and braking the weight of two trucks by only one. in your case, you are towing a jeep which could be half the weight of your truck. bottom line, in this litigation happy atmosphere, you'll be fodder for some litigation happy lawyer. if there's no law, there's the law of common sense.

Ford420ci6point9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think about it. in his case, it's an F250 towing and F250. you're towing and braking the weight of two trucks by only one. in your case, you are towing a jeep which could be half the weight of your truck. bottom line, in this litigation happy atmosphere, you'll be fodder for some litigation happy lawyer. if there's no law, there's the law of common sense.

Yeah but wouldn't that be the same as just towing a big ass trailer full of oak around with no trailer brakes? That's legal right?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have X amount of weight on a trailer built with brakes and your brakes aren’t working and you get into an accident.... you can bet your bottom dollar the lawyers will wring every coin they can from you.

It’s the same thing as driving a truck on the road with no brakes and getting into an accident

Ford420ci6point9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have X amount of weight on a trailer built with brakes and your brakes aren’t working and you get into an accident.... you can bet your bottom dollar the lawyers will wring every coin they can from you.

It’s the same thing as driving a truck on the road with no brakes and getting into an accident
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.