So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered a new throttle cable. I was going to "shim" mine because I thought the issue was it had pulled the end through the pedal... Got out there and "fixed" it in the dark only to feel a bunch of loose wires poking through. Two years on an aftermarket cable..... OE Ford is double the price, but if I don't have to replace it every couple years it'll pay for itself.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Not a damn thing! We got over a foot of snow here. It's not the snow & cold...not that cold really, it's the drivers! OMG! Calgary must have the worst drivers in the world. For a winter city, you'd think there would be no problem, but no. The first major snowfall and people lose their minds! I worked from home today because the bus didn't come, and I didn't feel like waiting out in the cold after work for a bus that wasn't going to come. Been there done that.

I watched today as a woman came to the stop sign in front of my house and let her kid out, who then attempted to cross the street to go to school. The guy behind her honks his horn at her and proceeds to drive around her almost running over the kid! The same with the driver behind him! ***!? Not going out.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
WOW! I can't even remember the last time we got a foot of snow in one winter here. Much less in one day.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a damn thing! We got over a foot of snow here. It's not the snow & cold...not that cold really, it's the drivers! OMG! Calgary must have the worst drivers in the world. For a winter city, you'd think there would be no problem, but no. The first major snowfall and people lose their minds! I worked from home today because the bus didn't come, and I didn't feel like waiting out in the cold after work for a bus that wasn't going to come. Been there done that.

I watched today as a woman came to the stop sign in front of my house and let her kid out, who then attempted to cross the street to go to school. The guy behind her honks his horn at her and proceeds to drive around her almost running over the kid! The same with the driver behind him! ***!? Not going out.

I miss those snow days here in North East Arkansas we used to have that but not any more when I live out east in West Virginia n Pennsylvania loved it

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss those snow days here in North East Arkansas we used to have that but not any more when I live out east in West Virginia n Pennsylvania loved it

I would miss them occasionally but we get plenty up here over the course of a winter. If I had the chance to head south, they're one of the things I could manage to live without :D

For a winter city, you'd think there would be no problem, but no. The first major snowfall and people lose their minds! I

I think that's pretty much par for the course. Seems to be the same everywhere from what I've heard. I don't usually have a problem but everyone seems to forget that they can't do 70mph around corners anymore and that you need to give a little more room for stopping. I usually brake "cautiously" but I've always loved it when someone comes flying up to you way too fast. The pucker factor sure kicks in sometimes. :shocked:

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Calgary must have the worst drivers in the world. For a winter city, you'd think there would be no problem, but no.

I think that's pretty much par for the course. Seems to be the same everywhere from what I've heard. I don't usually have a problem but everyone seems to forget that they can't do 70mph around corners anymore and that you need to give a little more room for stopping. I usually brake "cautiously" but I've always loved it when someone comes flying up to you way too fast. The pucker factor sure kicks in sometimes. :shocked:

Try living in a town based (mainly) around a military base! LOL
You can see license plates from every state in the union here.
You can imagine what it's like with transplants from TX, FL, SC, NV, AZ..........
They bring 'em in, they show up with their cars with summer touring tires, and they go right in the ditch.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try living in a town based (mainly) around a military base! LOL
You can see license plates from every state in the union here.
You can imagine what it's like with transplants from TX, FL, SC, NV, AZ..........
They bring 'em in, they show up with their cars with summer touring tires, and they go right in the ditch.

Sounds like I'd oughta get my towing endorsement and move out there. Sounds like job security LOL

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I did this past weekend :) I am a director of our local fair board and an organizer of the truck pull. I ran a demo pull with my truck to get things started. Not much see in my pull... Damn thing shifted into third, never did that before the turbo install.

We had eight trucks visit from NY... out of the eight four of them broke :Thumbs Up Track is pretty sticky and ******* u-joints and driveshafts when they start hopping.

Spent the rest of the event towing busted trucks off the track.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent... a lot of my day... taking this out of my dead old winter beater cause it has the best ac I've ever owned. Got everything else out except the condenser I'm going to order a new one likely but all of them have poor reviews online so that's scary. It had a new drier and expansion valve recently.

Now if I just didn't have to take the other box out of the other truck...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I did this past weekend :) I am a director of our local fair board and an organizer of the truck pull. I ran a demo pull with my truck to get things started. Not much see in my pull... Damn thing shifted into third, never did that before the turbo install.

We had eight trucks visit from NY... out of the eight four of them broke :Thumbs Up Track is pretty sticky and ******* u-joints and driveshafts when they start hopping.

Spent the rest of the event towing busted trucks off the track.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Need more fuel! You could still see the sled in the picture. Not nearly enough smoke.

[emoji16]

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the old tire truck to work, hauling a load of scrap and other interesting things(getting stuff, not taking it to the JY):

This thing has a ATS Gen1 turbo kit and while it helps, it needs more boost to deal with the power-sucking C6 auto.

Then, I took Big Red and picked up the '02(4x4 CCLB 7.3 PSD Auto with 388K) from my dad's place(60mi away):

It was kind of long for the trailer and I needed a bit more tongue weight.
I had to go 50-55 the whole way so it didn't bounce and sway.
'Course, the good old IDI-T didn't skip a beat. Just kept pulling. It was kind of interesting going up the first 5-7%, couple-mile-long hill. In 3rd going 40-ish, just pouring on the coals, watching the EGT gauge. After that, no real challenges.

Now, to see if we can't get the '02 back on the road. It's kind of funny - it's my parent's newest vehicle(everything else my parents and I own are IDI-powered). It also is the one thing that doesn't run, due to a starter issue. Also needs massive oil leaks fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online