So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
175 hp? You'd been as well off to ust the shop truck. Maybe better. Of course you had to get this one back.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
175 hp? You'd been as well off to ust the shop truck. Maybe better. Of course you had to get this one back.
With that much weight brakes are way more important that power, and with enough gears can get up to speed, eventually. I’ve got a faceplated Eaton trans in it now, start and stop with the clutch but just bang it in the rest of the time.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my pole saw attachment. It’s just a cheapie that goes on my husky weed eater power head. Wish the pole was a couple feet longer but it makes quick work of it. I didn’t even get my regular saw out. Still got three of my trees to trim and one for my neighbor. Guess that will have to wait. I just wish there was an easy way to unload it. Super jealous of the guys with dump trailers at the landfill. It takes a while to toss it all off again.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If you have enough chain, lay some on the trailer deck then stack the branches on top. Take some more and wrap it over the top of the branches and back to itself. Then hook the back end of it onto something solid and drive out from underneath the branches. This will take most of them off. Don't forget to pick up your chains. If you pack them too tightly like in Wes's picture, they don't come out any easier. You have to pull them out one by one for a while before the rest will slide out. Then they will kind of stay in a block shape about the same size as your trailer. I've never seen an attachment like yours. That would be cool to have.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if you really need to fit it in one load, do as jeremy said with the chain, lay down a few of the bigges limbs first, then stack in until it starts to get too tall. Come in with your chainsaw and make lateral cuts while compacting the limbs together. This will make it into one big LEGO that pulls off nice and easy for the amount of material you can fit in. We call it “man mulching” in the industry haha

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted discovered last night that my back passenger return lines/cap was wet picture below an the rubber line leading from it goes to the front tank which traced has a nice deep bend in it. not sure I can just replace the one section also discovered my under hood light bulb is out n passenger side inner push dome light bulb is out any clue the size.

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blew out a freeze plug yesterday. Hope it's one I can gain easy access to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yikes. That sucks. These freeze plugs make me nervous. I know they work great if done correctly. I don’t have any idea who did mine (promar). Who knows if the guy had ever even seen the tool before. If I ever build one myself, I’ll probably either pipe plug it or cut it for regular plugs.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab swap moving along slowly. Just discovered pre-bent stainless brake lines are incorrect...... Waiting for disposition from vendor. Did get the dash completely disassembled, cleaned / washed, & reassembled, then mounted in cab. New dashpad
has not been installed yet. Replaced all of the fasteners in the west coast mirrors with new stainless nuts & bolts. Installed stainless vent shades.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You poor *******. I feel sorry for you. But I think I got the part number for my truck from you because your set was right???

I don’t know. Can’t remember. I know I’ll never do that again.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to know now. Many times iveI considered ordering a set from them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7