So what did you do with your truck today?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I’d find a little trailer. Loading mowers in the bed of the truck is a little sketchy when you don’t have a convenient loading dock or hill side to back into. I thought you had a utility trailer? I smell a business expense!

that's what i do, more so anymore with lighter hauling. i don't bother with the truck and just grab a trailer. much lower to the ground and much better tie down locations. i save the truck for camper and heavy firewood hauling.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have heard you guys loud and clear! LOL

Thankfully I had already stepped to the ground and I was at home with the wife near by when this happened. The mower clocks in at 590 pounds. I should have taken a picture but too mad at myself for being careless. Pucker moment for sure.

Eighty_six

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well I woke up yesterday, made coffee, got dressed, and went out to wake the truck up and let her get good and lubricated before I left for work. Much to my surprise (not really) the starter took a ****** ****. Was grinding and not turning over fast enough to get the motor fired up. I did some checking of grounds and voltages and confirmed the starter was toast. I posted on the 7.3/6.9 Facebook page and had several quick, helpful responses. Went to oriellys for a new starter because I heard they carried the nipondenso gear reduction unit with no nose cone. They could get it next day (today). I held off and went to Napa. They had it in stock! I went home and threw the starter on in about 45 minutes (the top bolt was a pita to get on with the new starter). This thing spins up way faster and almost sounds like a 6.0l or 6.4l when it's cranking. By the time all of this was done it was about 1030 am.... Too late to start work for the day. I had been brushing on a coat of primer one body panel at a time and decide it was as good a time as any to go ahead and wrap that stage up. Came out alright. I'll sand it again before I do the paint but I'm happy it's all one color now! Also, when I took my oe starter back for my core money I picked up a brake master cylinder. I'll be gone for a month starting next week so when I get back I'll be doing the hydraboost conversion and a few other odds and ends.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Looks good from here. Will you paint it brown too, or is that just the primer color?
What's the advantage of no nose cone? I think I've always had the cone...

I like the stance of your pickup with those tires

Last edited:

Eighty_six

Reaction score
Nice work! Looks good from here. Will you paint it brown too, or is that just the primer color?
What's the advantage of no nose cone? I think I've always had the cone...

I like the stance of your pickup with those tires

That's the primer color, it's just rusty metal primer made by Rust-Oleum. Haven't decided on a color but I know I want to use something with some texture to it. I'm still researching different options.

As for the nose cone, I have no idea if it makes a difference or not honestly. The Mitsubishi gear reduction unit that oriellys carries has a nose cone, my stock starter had a nose cone too. Maybe a guru will enlighten us....

As for the tires, I love the look of them but I live on a gravel road and when a rock gets stuck in the tread then let's loose at 45-50mph it sounds like somebodys shooting holes in my truck with a Barrett .50 Cal!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... I live on a gravel road and when a rock gets stuck in the tread then let's loose at 45-50mph it sounds like somebodys shooting holes in my truck with a Barrett .50 Cal!!

Mine too. Makes the wife jump every time lol!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually worked mine today. Lots of tree trimming.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's cheating! I only have myself to pack down the branches.
The 175hp cat 3116 didn’t care for the 2 hour drive home. I drove out there and picked up the rig because I knew that clutch wouldn’t last with employees driving it home. Wasn’t a quick drive but she got the load home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86