So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragged home an e38 with long wheelbase to do timing chains on. This is one long car! Haven't done German chains in a while and excited to dive in to this beast.

I want a turbo! [emoji24] I got passed by a bicycle up a hill haha.

But after the rally I think I drive this pig wrong. I fixed the tach before the rally, it had never worked so I have been shifting by engine noise. I think I shift too soon. I also drive like a grandma.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted discovered last night that my back passenger return lines/cap was wet picture below an the rubber line leading from it goes to the front tank which traced has a nice deep bend in it. not sure I can just replace the one section also discovered my under hood light bulb is out n passenger side inner push dome light bulb is out any clue the size.

You must be registered for see images attach

961?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragged home an e38 with long wheelbase to do timing chains on. This is one long car! Haven't done German chains in a while and excited to dive in to this beast.

I want a turbo! [emoji24] I got passed by a bicycle up a hill haha.

But after the rally I think I drive this pig wrong. I fixed the tach before the rally, it had never worked so I have been shifting by engine noise. I think I shift too soon. I also drive like a grandma.

Just bounce her off the limiter before shifting lol!

Empty I shift about 2000rpm or so, loaded I need to wait until 2500-3000rpm depending on load if I care about getting it moving. Just fyi. If it's really heavy I'll wind her up until she stops accellerating before I shift. Really heavy for me being 6-7k lol

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Just bounce her off the limiter before shifting lol!

Empty I shift about 2000rpm or so, loaded I need to wait until 2500-3000rpm depending on load if I care about getting it moving. Just fyi. If it's really heavy I'll wind her up until she stops accellerating before I shift. Really heavy for me being 6-7k lol

i agree, if i am loaded i wind it until it stops pulling then catch the next gear. that way i am in the power band to pull the next gear instead of below it.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You poor *******. I feel sorry for you. But I think I got the part number for my truck from you because your set was right???

I don’t know. Can’t remember. I know I’ll never do that again.
I've bought stainless lines from both In-Line Tube, & Classic Tube and if memory serves I had problem with Classic Tube at one point. Anyway the last experience with In-Line went smooth. Right now they're still scratchin their heads, I've sent photo's of lines received as well as photos of master cylinder & proportioning valve with a set of vernier calipers illustrating correct dimensions. What they will or will not do remains a mystery. Worst case scenario if they tell me to "pound sand", I'll cut-off the incorrect double flare nuts, replace with proper size and re-flare. Kinda sucks if I have to do that with the price they charge....... We'll see.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought stainless lines from both In-Line Tube, & Classic Tube and if memory serves I had problem with Classic Tube at one point. Anyway the last experience with In-Line went smooth. Right now they're still scratchin their heads, I've sent photo's of lines received as well as photos of master cylinder & proportioning valve with a set of vernier calipers illustrating correct dimensions. What they will or will not do remains a mystery. Worst case scenario if they tell me to "pound sand", I'll cut-off the incorrect double flare nuts, replace with proper size and re-flare. Kinda sucks if I have to do that with the price they charge....... We'll see.

To recap my issues:
Sent me steel lines when I ordered stainless but I didn’t discover this until after almost a year (I didn’t open the box, my mistake). They weren’t right either. I can’t remember what was wrong this minute but I think it was the nuts for the rear wheel cylinders.

The sold me a set of stainless lines at reduced cost. They were wrong. It was for a reg cab so I came up short. Fittings at the master we’re wrong and I think there was a line missing too.

Took like 4 tries to get all the right parts.

They kept telling me they had multiple patterns for that truck. I’m like well clearly you shouldn’t have told me no problem when I called the order in. We should have gone through the patterns and figured out which one it was. I’d have taken another day to go through and confirm sizes to not have to go through this crap. And they never actually knew what they had sent me which was infuriating.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be checkin the remaining lines to verify they fit...... I assumed the only problem was master cylinder to proportioning valve and the balance was OK. Cue the circus music!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To recap my issues:
Sent me steel lines when I ordered stainless but I didn’t discover this until after almost a year (I didn’t open the box, my mistake). They weren’t right either. I can’t remember what was wrong this minute but I think it was the nuts for the rear wheel cylinders.

The sold me a set of stainless lines at reduced cost. They were wrong. It was for a reg cab so I came up short. Fittings at the master we’re wrong and I think there was a line missing too.

Took like 4 tries to get all the right parts.

They kept telling me they had multiple patterns for that truck. I’m like well clearly you shouldn’t have told me no problem when I called the order in. We should have gone through the patterns and figured out which one it was. I’d have taken another day to go through and confirm sizes to not have to go through this crap. And they never actually knew what they had sent me which was infuriating.

Did they ever make you a satisfied customer?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they ever make you a satisfied customer?
Did they finally give me a complete set of brake lines? Yes.
Satisfied? Not really.

The fit wasn’t that good. I fought with a couple of the lines that just wanted to leak. They don’t supply the coupling even though they give you the main line to the rear in 2 pieces. I would not say that I was a satisfied customer and I won’t recommend them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be checkin the remaining lines to verify they fit...... I assumed the only problem was master cylinder to proportioning valve and the balance was OK. Cue the circus music!
For your sake, check every damn inch of line and every fitting immediately.

I readily admit the first set of lines fiasco was partly my fault (just because I waited to long to unbox the stuff) but I may not have realized they weren’t stainless if they had been fully correct.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! Bought these line in March, just opened box last weekend..... I'll also be giving them the magnet test this evening to verify stainless... Went thru a similar issue several weeks ago on exhaust system from Summit Racing for this same truck. Bought in Jan and never checked for correctness and it was wrong. After numerous back & forth correspondence they finally reimbursed full amount. Thank god their website description was the root cause. Going to have complete system fabricated at local shop. Lesson learned, check upon receipt. Three big boxes of parts scheduled to deliver tomorrow from LMC, I'll be checkin those immediately.......

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got the lines I opened the end of the box and thought, huh. That doesn’t look like stainless. But I have bought unpolished tube before and it looked similar. It wasn’t until I was looking up contact info that I happened to figure out that they use polished stainless. So if it’s shiny it’s most likely stainless. If it’s dull bluish like galvanize, they are steel.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look shiny, magnet check tonight.