So what did you do with your truck today?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are stainless. If I can find a pic of the wrong ones I’ll post it. Noticeably different.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMC parts showed up, had enough to qualify for free shipping, unfortunately ran into more problems and need more parts...... Apparently Ford changed ignition boxes between 80 & 82. Both have two plug connectors however they're different. 82 has plugs with four pins & two pins vs 80 has three & two. Also discovered the 1980-81 door panels are the only years with a "slide lock" design. I assumed these would be provided with the new $200 & something dollar door panels (they're not)! So now I'm looking for good used ones because LMC does not list. This truck is fighting me from every angle!
You must be registered for see images attach

pafixitman

Reaction score
My weekend went sideways fast on multiple levels. Regarding the truck, I heard what sounded like a loose / partially opened window rattle. Turns out the seal at the base of my windshield gave out and the window flexes now! Wanted to wait until paint to pull it (cracked anyway) but guess that moves up on the list.

On a side note in my haste to go down the basement steps, I managed to break my toe. crutches and walking boot for 2 weeks, walking boot for additional 2 weeks. Did I mention I demoed a deck that I am supposed to build this coming Saturday...

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the truck to do karate mom stuff because the ac is so cold. A nice young man asked me if my bumper sag was on purpose....

Guess that's next on the list hahaha
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the truck to do karate mom stuff because the ac is so cold. A nice young man asked me if my bumper sag was on purpose....

Guess that's next on the list hahaha
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Mine was like that when I got it. It bothered me so much it was one of the first things I fixed lol!

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a load of gravel for the driveway last weekend. Asked for 2,000 - 3,000 lbs... they gave me 3,500. Yay nothing broke!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my prefilter before my FSV. Light had been coming on when running the rear tank. Crawled under there and the filter was wet. I could blame it on the cheap $3 filter but I was running unfiltered waste hydraulic oil in that tank so it was probably plugged anyway lol.

Funny how if you listen you can hear the difference switching tanks between the oil mix abd straight diesel.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed my prefilter before my FSV. Light had been coming on when running the rear tank. Crawled under there and the filter was wet. I could blame it on the cheap $3 filter but I was running unfiltered waste hydraulic oil in that tank so it was probably plugged anyway lol.

Funny how if you listen you can hear the difference switching tanks between the oil mix abd straight diesel.
The pump definitely changes pitch depending on what’s going through it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting in work.

In between rain storms anyway.

Motor is making me nervous. It runs fine sounds okay at speed, oil pressure good but at idle it sometimes sounds funny. It may be time for some exploratory surgery as much as I don’t want to.

:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7