She blew her top!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yup,
Getting the Gold one ready for the rally, I decided to investigate the oil leaking round the back side of the engine.
Hoping it was the oil return for the turbo puking oil back out the turkey pan faded fast seeing the lack of oil on top of the pan.

Digging around on the back of the motor from below, I grabbed a towel to wipe some of the oil off and whadya know, the oil be kinda milky gray.:puke:
Well it's been awhile since it has rained here so that rules that issue out.

The majority of the oil is right at the head / block mating surface right at the back of the motor.
It also looks as if the rear main I did last year is also failing as If I thought I had the blue oval rust inhibitor system disabled.:dunno

To top that off, I had to add a gallon of coolant to her last week before I went to retrieve my trailer.

Overflow reservoir is empty.-cuss

Well, due to time constraints, I'm heading to the parts store tomorrow to grab some Bars stop leak to get me by for the time being till after the rally.

The thing that really throws me is the fact that this was an IH crate motor and has less than 60k on the mileage clock.

Ok I'm done whining now.cookoo

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Really That sux Ron. Are you sure she will make it to the rally ok? :dunno I was hoping for the oil tube leaking.

what kinda warranty was on the crate motor?

IDIeselman

Reaction score
It's alright Ron, Let it out man we're here for you. Is the trailer you are pulling a bumper pull?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Dump in the Bars and run it!

Want to borrow the Blizzard for the rally,..;Really LOL

I will be dealing with the same thing soon, If you ignore it it is not a problem. :D

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Good luck. I've got the interior of my truck gutted right now for a sound system installation. Things are going slower than expected. The list of things to do aound the house is piling up, and I got to get the truck done. Looks like a couple of late nights.
John

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ron do you need me to go up and tow yer trailer down for ya and you can drive down in a car.... The goat truck is up to the challenge...

Remember I'm here for ya buddy...

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron do you need me to go up and tow yer trailer down for ya and you can drive down in a car.... The goat truck is up to the challenge...

Remember I'm here for ya buddy...

I wonder what kind of skid marks a travel trailer would leave in a Taco Bell drive thru parking lot? :dunno You'd probably wouldn't miss the cop this time tho. :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Ron. I guess that crate engine might have sat in storage for quite a while, and possilbly was built in the era of the non-viton ring head gasket. :dunno Just a guess. Either way, doing head gaskets is a right of passage for any IDI owner. :rolleyes: I'm having my own issues, and my own late nights, but if I don't say what they are, maybe no one will notice. :cool

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I really was hoping for the oil return myself.:confused:

Well the warranty on the crate motor was well gone before I bought her.
The PO rarely drove her so that motor could be an older version.
I'm guessing that it is already 6 years old and with that type of mileage it prolly hasn't even been broken in till well umm the turbo install.:rolleyes:

The good thing is yep the trailer is a bumper pull and isn't really all that heavy yet.....

Tim, there was this thought of ya pulling down an empty flat bed trailer since I'm not the only one going to have to ignore the HG issue.:eek:

So Darrin I think I'm gonna go get brainwashed today to let that theory work. Heck it has been up until last night.cookoo

Trav, thanks for the offer but after Tanya just give this horrid visual, I'll pass.LOL

John if it makes ya feel any better, I have my rear speakers still on the floor from last year. Just keep putting off the thought of cutting up the rear doors just for some tunes.;Sweet

So off I go for some Bars.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to bypass your coolant filter if you have one....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an idea....I think you guys need to have a head gasket changing clinic at the rally. No better way to do it....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to from what I've heard on these boards. I know it worked for my dad's gasoline powered Isuzu p'up, but I know that's not a turbocharged diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes