She blew her top!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Does that stuff really work?

It did work for Me on a chevy that blew head and intake gaskets.

Ron, sorry to hear this right before the rally, but this kind of things work they way through, maybe with the bars stop leak it will do for some time.

A head gasket clinic :eek: , now I really wish I where there.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
the chemicals in the bars leak react with the air and since there isn't a contact wth air in the oil cooler then it will be fine.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I got the stuff in there and so far no leaks seen after a good hose down of brakleen to clear the layers off.

What I did find was also another suspicion. The rear main is leaking very bad. Which may be the oil culprit but the coolant loss of course rules that out.

Question is, How bad can a rear main leak?

Reason being was after cleaning everything off last night a 20 mile trek was enough to produce drips of oil coming out of the trans inspection cover.
I'm thinking this may be my oil down the side of the truck and trailer culprit from last weekend.-cuss
Sad thing is, I'm gonna have to either pull the motor or cut the crossover pipe to get the trans back far enough to get back in there.:puke:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the stuff in there and so far no leaks seen after a good hose down of brakleen to clear the layers off.

What I did find was also another suspicion. The rear main is leaking very bad. Which may be the oil culprit but the coolant loss of course rules that out.

Question is, How bad can a rear main leak?

Reason being was after cleaning everything off last night a 20 mile trek was enough to produce drips of oil coming out of the trans inspection cover.
I'm thinking this may be my oil down the side of the truck and trailer culprit from last weekend.-cuss
Sad thing is, I'm gonna have to either pull the motor or cut the crossover pipe to get the trans back far enough to get back in there.:puke:

When I goofed up the rear main install on my PSD the first time i replaced it, it leaked nearly a steady stream and was going through a gallon of oil every 200 miles until I had a chance to fix it a couple weeks later. The rear main seal is very similar in design between the IDI and PSD.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
had a rear main seal fall out of a 12v in a dodge.
in the wifes colt, was a junkyard motor that sat for who knows how long.
bought the car and got it runnin, and about 150 miles later it was just pourin oil out.
took it apart and the main seal was sittin against the flexplate.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Double-S-Diesel said:
had a rear main seal fall out of a 12v in a dodge.
in the wifes colt, was a junkyard motor that sat for who knows how long.
bought the car and got it runnin, and about 150 miles later it was just pourin oil out.
took it apart and the main seal was sittin against the flexplate.

Gee thanks Nick for those encouraging words.:backoff

I stomached tonkas much easier. :eek:

Gonna run her as is. Plenty o fluids to pack up for the run just in case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online