RABS delete?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure but if it's like everything else Ford did there are probably different sized fittings on each line. Great idea though. Might work with an adapter maybe.

I've been spraying the brake hoses with PB, maybe they will come apart...

I hope so. Sure is a lot less screwing around if they do!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use compression fittings. The pressure in the brake line can be 1500 psi or more in a hard stop... properly double-flared ends with matching fittings (designed for brake service) would be far more secure.
You can get steel compression fittings that exceed that psi.
I haven't tried them myself. I agree flared and coupled is best or using the f450 bypass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
What did it wind up costing you?

Rockauto doesn't let me see what I paid back in 2010. The booster was motorcraft BRB37; going to estimate ~$250CDN. Hoses were Edelmann 71442 & 71416. Simple barbed tee used for the return lines.

The pedal mods and notching the F350's MC bolt holes I just did myself.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hose is 3/8-24 inverted female both ends, should take both lines ok w/o bending lines so easy put RABS back when (if ever) selling.

Last edited:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hose is 3/8-24 inverted female both ends, should take both lines ok w/o bending lines so easy put RABS back when (if ever) selling and has Dorman # so can get anywhere.
Looking under the truck, the fittings appear to be different sizes. I'll take a second look at it again later.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad, did not look at mine since maybe different, hose same as fitting seen on this thread or link to other but it may be for other lines. Mine different also!!

Ok, I am shut off. No more posts @ hardware until I complete the job, with pictures.

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are different. They are the sizes from my post. Using an 89 as reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have the info from my post.
What exactly were the fittings that the lines screwed into?

IOW: You have the details of pipe and fittings, and 20 and 24, etc, but I can't quite figure out what to call the fitting that you have to have on each end of that pipe, so the factory lines will screw right onto them.

I'm probably being real dense here.

Ok, so what's new? LOL

Talk to me like I'm 5 years old, and you NEED me to order the right part for you, because you have no arms, or something. LOL

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly were the fittings that the lines screwed into?

IOW: You have the details of pipe and fittings, and 20 and 24, etc, but I can't quite figure out what to call the fitting that you have to have on each end of that pipe, so the factory lines will screw right onto them.

I'm probably being real dense here.

Ok, so what's new? LOL

Talk to me like I'm 5 years old, and you NEED me to order the right part for you, because you have no arms, or something. LOL

Thanks for joining us! You make me laugh out loud on a regular basis :rotflmao
I think that what he's referring to is something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/yan_GAR-48IC3X2-Inverted-Flare-Brake-Adapter/dp/B071JXGNPJ
Or this:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...a75OC3GRoCsKkQAvD_BwE&store=7278&gclsrc=aw.ds

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for joining us! You make me laugh out loud on a regular basis :rotflmao
I think that what he's referring to is something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/yan_GAR-48IC3X2-Inverted-Flare-Brake-Adapter/dp/B071JXGNPJ
Or this:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...a75OC3GRoCsKkQAvD_BwE&store=7278&gclsrc=aw.ds
Ok, and since it is two different sizes, the other end would be the same thing, only in 3/8 - 20.

I wonder how I ever found one fitting that had the two different sizes? I guess just got lucky I went to the right place. I got it at a specialty auto shop, so maybe they just happened to have some made specifically for Fords? (Unlike the big box auto shops.)

Oh, and... Laugh out loud? My job here is done for the day! :D

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Selahdoor
Next time you stumble into diagon alley, pickup another with this identifying info. I'll pay for it and shipping to some lucky member so we have the info.

3/8 x 24 inverted flare to 1/2 20 inverted flare. I come up empty with my Google Fu.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Selahdoor
Next time you stumble into diagon alley, pickup another with this identifying info. I'll pay for it and shipping to some lucky member so we have the info.

3/8 x 24 inverted flare to 1/2 20 inverted flare. I come up empty with my Google Fu.
I'll write it down and try to remember to take my note with me. :D

Won't be until next week, at the earliest.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two fittings and a hose means you don't have to bend the steel lines to connect them. Advance had 2 fittings (BLF17C + BLF23C) for $8.49 to connect one end of 3/8x24 hose from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RF53Z...colid=ONTDRRTPZC10&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) for $11.54. Other end hose connects to brake line, no pipe threads involved. Picture if needed.

I know, said I would not post until pictures ready but fan clutch still KMB and thread still topical so.....

Last edited:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two fittings and a hose means you don't have to bend the steel lines to connect them. Advance had 2 fittings (BLF17C + BLF23C) for $8.49 to connect one end of 3/8x24 hose from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RF53Z...colid=ONTDRRTPZC10&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it) for $11.54. Other end hose connects to brake line, no pipe threads involved. Picture if needed.

I know, said I would not post until pictures ready but fan clutch still KMB and thread still topical so.....

I used your suggestion. Very nice way to eliminate the RABS valve, thank you sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online