RABS delete?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about breaks. What's the general consensus about the RABS module? Is it more trouble than it's worth? Should I remove it as SOP and get a known trouble maker out of the system? Or does it do some good?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just delete the MF'er
but usually because im going rear disc and using a aftermarket prop valve

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I never experienced it working on my '95 F350, or on my Dodges. I routinely phase out the parts (working or not) to save myself future maintenance aggravations.

I learned to drive on a 1993 S-Blazer with 4-wheel ABS. All that system cared about was not locking up tires... you could ABS your way a whole city block in the winter without actually stopping LOL 20 years later you go to wrench on the gf's 2005 Jeep and it has no ABS at all. o_O

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deleted mine. Did not induce any issues. Improved the feel and function of the braking system. I used an OEM ford part that bolted in the place. You can see in my build thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to a shop that does hydraulic hoses and fittings and get a $6 fitting to connect the 2 lines together and bypass it completely, you will be a lot happier, rear abs systems are a pain in the a$$. lockup the front wheels during a panic stop and the rears just kick in and out making the rear hop and causing bigger problems

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't sold anymore. Look under 88-97 F450 superduties.

I'm from PA and they weren't in the junkyard near me. I called a junkyard in Iowa and he took it off the truck for me and mailed it.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't sold anymore. Look under 88-97 F450 superduties.

I'm from PA and they weren't in the junkyard near me. I called a junkyard in Iowa and he took it off the truck for me and mailed it.

Thanks Friend! I'm upstate NY, not much around here. Do you know what the proper name for the part is? If I were to rig uw a splice or a coupler, do you know what the fitting sizes are? I've got a flair tool.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the replacement trick but if you unscrew the large cap facing front on the valve and take out the spring it will act the same as the bypass. Maybe it's not a perfect fix? Surprised nobody mentioned it so far. Pretty common over on FTE and I did it some 6 years ago.

Just need to bleed it good.