Project Time Bandit

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
new electric vacuum pump installed. Vent issue solved.

In other news the blackstone report came in. I think this pretty much confirms she wont be going under the knife to get a dt360 any time soon. What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I guess this build date means i have powdered metal rods?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
new electric vacuum pump installed. Vent issue solved.

In other news the blackstone report came in. I think this pretty much confirms she wont be going under the knife to get a dt360 any time soon. What do you guys think?

Looks like a solid engine to sell to fund a swap! LOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I've been working on getting the rusty rockers replaced. Inner rockers and outer rockers totally rusted out on both sides. The passenger side is totally done, and the driver side has all the bad stuff cut out and I'm about to start putting the new stuff in.

I ended up pulling the carpet and throwing it away, it was pretty nasty. I wanted to get a good look at the floor anyway. Floor looked great, I had one small spot to patch. Here is the driver front with the rust all removed.

In other news, does anyone know what these 4 mystery wires are for? They come into the engine bay right with the main harness.

Also, any ideas what is going on with this door? Its funny this is the only door where it feels like the hinges are still good, but the upper rear corner is way out. I dont see how I could adjust it in without putting some other corner out.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top hinge needs to be loosened and pushed in as far as you think would be good. 1/4 inch? Retighten the hinge.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me be more clear; the hinge bolts to the door frame need to be loosen just a bit so the door does not fall away from what you are doing.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Could they be upfitter wires? I know on the 6.0's, there are upfitter wires that pass from the cabin to the engine compartment, in the area of the brake master cylinder. I can take a picture if you like on mine........

Can you clean the wires and post the colors, it might be brakes also, like above..... but the brake wires on my Excursion are in the center under the radio/HVAC Controls and don't appear like that, under the hood.....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh, so they're actually just pass through wires.
You will find the other side of them under the dash near the pcm.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Hmm i can't find the other end inside. It has a brake controller plugged into what looks like a factory plug.

The colors are off-white, blue, red, and black.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Could they be upfitter wires? I know on the 6.0's, there are upfitter wires that pass from the cabin to the engine compartment, in the area of the brake master cylinder. I can take a picture if you like on mine........

Can you clean the wires and post the colors, it might be brakes also, like above..... but the brake wires on my Excursion are in the center under the radio/HVAC Controls and don't appear like that, under the hood.....

In fact they are up fitter wires. Ford has another name for them. You will find them on all SD and Excursions. They dead end inside the dash.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I didn't look for the other end inside the cab super hard. Ill give it another look tomorrow. They must be there someplace. Kinda cool that ford put these in.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Been making slow but great progress. All the rust is fixed. Ill grab pictures in a few days.

I decided to pull the trailer hitch to make sure it was sound. It was so i gave it a coat of paint. ( yes the wife loves having a hitch in the dining room)

I also decided to clean up fuel tank skid plate, which meant dropping the tank. So i rebuilt the canister with fresh strainers, a new shower head the old one was cracked, and a new sender from a hybrid escape of all things.

The sender was the same but i had to swap the float arm over.

I have no idea how to determine if heatshrink is diesel proof, so i slipped fuel hose over the connection and secured it with a hose clamp.

Last edited:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score