Project Time Bandit

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Here is the latest member of the fleet. A 2001 7.3L psd Excursion Limited.

This was a slight variation of a plan I've had for a while now. I've actually been looking for a gasser excursion, or a 6.0 with a blown motor to do a DT360 swap in. Well the emission testing in my area ruled out the gasser, and in my search for a non running 6.0 this 7.3L fell into my lap and I couldnt pass it up.

The interior is a basket case, and it needs lots of little odds and ends. Probably the biggest issue is the rockers are rusty, maybe more who knows.
For now my plan is to drive it like it is and get to know whats wrong with it. Also send a sample into blackstone and see what they say. So the DT360 swap is on hold for now till I know more. But so far I love this thing. I've always wanted one since they came out, and this will be just the ticket for a family cruiser.

Ill post pics in the next reply

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I love mine!!!! Mine is a 6.0 Excursion.... I've had mine 10 years this past September.

Not bad looking..... It has a lift..... that is definitely NOT stock height.... Also you have aftermarket Non-ESOF lockouts......

Post more pictures and I can answer any questions you have..... I can take pictures of mine if you need a reference. Mine is 100% stock, everything inside is there and still works..... you will love it..... mine is not going ANYWHERE!!!!!

For reference, 100% Stock 4x4 Excursion, even tire size....

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I love mine!!!! Mine is a 6.0 Excursion.... I've had mine 10 years this past September.

Not bad looking..... It has a lift..... that is definitely NOT stock height.... Also you have aftermarket Non-ESOF lockouts......

Post more pictures and I can answer any questions you have..... I can take pictures of mine if you need a reference. Mine is 100% stock, everything inside is there and still works..... you will love it..... mine is not going ANYWHERE!!!!!

For reference, 100% Stock 4x4 Excursion, even tire size....

I'll take you up on that. This weekend I'll try and get a bunch of shots. I noticed the lockouts, I assume he had issues with the vacuum actuated ones and just went to manuals. Interesting, I didnt notice there was a lift. I'll have to crawl under there and see whats what while im doing my rust assessment.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I want one eventually also.
I probably replied too soon. Lol but how many miles?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

she is BROKEN IN! 425k. He was the 2nd owner since 80k. He gave me his oil change records, every 5k since then. Mechanically it feels sound. The trans is a jasper reman at 260k I think it was. The engine is original, never been opened up. Not sure if its all the original injectors. I'm going to see what blackstone has to say before I do much of anything to it.

The drivetrain seems up to the task of that many miles no problem, but the interior and the door hinges and things like that were not. All of that stuff is really tired.

I bought it right though so none of that concerns me.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
things seem generally unmolested under here, short a missing vanity cover.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iv got a 02 F350 CC cab coming, front rockers will be forsale.
ill sell them for a 12 pack of corona NFL's

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures on the computer......

It definitely has a lift...

It also has 03-04 Headlights..... 99-02 had a faceted headlight lens, and faceted amber turn signals... on 03 they switched to the clear, smooth lens and faceted mirror with a faceted clear turn signal using an amber bulb..... in my opinion, the 03-04 lights are brighter.......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, 05 was the changeover in the trucks.....

ALL Excursions were leaf in the front, they did not go coil in 05. The Excursions were only made from 2000-2005. They did receive the new grille and headlights in 05 (the ugly nose in my opinion).... so an 05 Excursion is easy to spot..... The 2000-2004 Excursion had a different grille than the trucks. They had the "honeycomb" grille, where the trucks had the 3 horizontal bars......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online