Project Time Bandit

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he didn’t mention is how long it’s taken him to get to that point.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

LOL LOL

He’s winning but it’s putting up quite the fight. Wish I was closer. I could at a minimum drink beer and laugh at you in person. What are friends for right?

mike_hurd2000

Reaction score
Right, well he let these get so bad that im redoing all of them.
The color matches pretty close, but its a slightly different design on the cover.

Anyway , driver side done. Id say this is a huge improvement . Just have to work a few of the wrinkles out.

You must be registered for see images attach
I like your rebuild project on this glad to see some one rebuilding these trucks. I was just wondering wear you are getting your foam and seat covers from. I have my f250 that is in need of the same thing on my seats. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yea. First time they put up quite a fight. Use a lot of anti seize. Make sure to coat all the contact surfaces on the unit hub. Getting the unit hub out the first time was the worst. I coated the replacements, and once the 4 bolts and the snap ring on the axle was out (spend the money and get a GOOD set of snap ring pliers), the hub almost fell out.

I’ve had mine apart twice since I had to replace the cheap ball joints. The first time it took several hours to take everything apart and replace everything. The second time it took less than 3 hours, because everything was coated and just came apart.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
He’s winning but it’s putting up quite the fight. Wish I was closer. I could at a minimum drink beer and laugh at you in person. What are friends for right?

Yeah, and the whole time you could have reminded me that I wouldn't have this issue with a KP D60.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ahhh man...well Autolite... I get too busy and get out of touch with the latest information on here.

The moogs showed up today. I ordered them as soon as i started the project to be sure i had them for the 3 day weekend.

Oh well Mike said he has first dibs on "i told ya so". So everyone else can get in line. lol

I guess ill be a more recent moog test case for everyone.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well, at least the moogs usually have a good warranty. Lol
Seems hit and miss. Lately people are in love with them again. (On other sites.)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online