Project Black Stallion

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all honesty I may have to take you up on that since a crew cab would be more comfortable than the back of Chris's extended cab, haha!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Well the ugly reality is beginning to set in that I most likely won't have my truck done for this years rally. The little things just keep eating up tons of time and the engine is still on the stand because of needing random fittings, hardware, wiring, ect. I'm still going to try to have it done, but with that being said I don't want to rush anything or overlook something. So it looks like I may be hitchhiking this year, haha!
ouch, sorry to hear that, i am really hoping to get my truck together on time. i am not sure i am going to have a motorcycle mount made in time for my camper.......

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I made a little progress tonight. A friend of mine was able to weld up the bypass tube tonight for me. It might not seem like much, but it's forward progress and that's what really matters. I really hope she runs as good as she is starting to look, haha!
You must be registered for see images attach

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today my coolant banjo fittings for the turbo came and created a new issue. I had clocked the center of the turbo so that the front water port was higher than the rear one thinking with my banjo fittings that it would simplify things. The reality though was that the fittings had to be installed before the center section was installed in the exhaust housing or they would contact the t4 inlet flange. The way I had it cocked also made it extremely tight and difficult to get at the one exhaust bolt as well. So after all of that I decided to ditch that idea and clock it the opposite way like @no mufflers did on his truck. Now this requires lengthening the drain tube, which I will do tomorrow, as well as modifying the oil feed line. After trying to tweak the oil feed to fit better most of the night I finally just decided to make a whole new one and start from scratch. I'm much happier with how it turned out and fits now. In the picture you can see my new feed line i made as well as the coolant inlet that I have routed up under to the front banjo fitting.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean with the coolant fitting being in the way if it was on the lower side.

What coolant fitting are you using on the turbo? The one's I got are just straight. That would solve the tite Clarence with the cab.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean with the coolant fitting being in the way if it was on the lower side.

What coolant fitting are you using on the turbo? The one's I got are just straight. That would solve the tite Clarence with the cab.
Dad and I found them on ebay. They were like 20 or 30 bucks I believe. I think we just typed in turbo coolant fittings. The GT3788R uses an M18-1.50 thread. They have a half inch hose fitting on the other end. I just thought these would be cleaner than the barb fittings.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the way I did mine too. Water feed wraps around from behind exit wraps around from the rear to the front.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookin great man, but what are you planning on doing with those stans headers now that youre boostin?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online