Project Black Stallion

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin great man, but what are you planning on doing with those stans headers now that youre boostin?!
Thanks man! I'm planning on reusing them and just moddifying the hypermax up pipes to fit them. I'm curious how it will work honestly.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent seen many pictures of people using them but I hope to see some pics of how you get them to work! How did you like them while na?

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked them na. I felt like it pulled all the way to the governor vs before it felt like it would nose over on the top end. I dynoed it at a rally once and did 135hp with a stock injection pump that I never turned up any. Just a stock reman pump.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since getting back from the rally I now have some new found ambition. It was great seeing everyone's projects and just made me want to finish mine up more. My big project for the day was finishing up what was left of the fuel system. I had already made a bracket and mounted the fuel pump, but it all needed plumed up.
You must be registered for see images attach

After installing my previously modified pickup tube for my 38 gallon rear tank I was able to get the tank up and in. By the way anyone doing the large tank swap figure on buying new tank straps or modifying the skid plates. The bulge in the tank where the shower head sits is larger and rubs the skid plates. I just bought new straps since I don't really go off roading with my truck.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also was able to finish fitting everything with the turbo thanks to a friend who tigged up my oil drain tube to make it 1.25in longer.
Next step is to hopefully get her setting in her new home. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here on out!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The larger rear tank is on my list also. That oil drain was a little tough to weld just because the metal is so thin.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was. Ben welded it for me since I don't have a tig, but even he burned through once. I had talked to mel about a longer one, but he didn't realize it was too short. I think he is going to work on that for future kits. It seems when Hypermax made the drain and feed for him that they didn't **** the turbo like Garrett says to. I'm sure the future kits will be remedied.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cummins drain tube is a little longer than the Banks one. Not sure what you have to start with but it seems like that has been one common problem among us.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cummins drain tube is a little longer than the Banks one. Not sure what you have to start with but it seems like that has been one common problem among us.
Which Cummins drain did you use? Everything I found online was like 21inches long and had a funky o-ring piece on the end.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found one that's like 15" I think. It has the oring seal on the bottom but I made an adapter and used the standard CDr grommet rather than the illusive turbo drain grommet.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to look into that. I'll have to measure the one I modified to see how long it actually is. I personally would rather one that wasn't weled up like I did to mine.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
you should extend the return line on the sender also. really want that below fuel level as much as you can. stops areation and drainback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86