Project Black Stallion

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's supposedly the three options.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've got the smallest one. I believe you guys have the middle one. Mine actually has a t3 flange on it which was nice because it was one less adapter.
Ahh, I see now. I was thinking yours was a T4 yet. Did you fab your own mount on yours or did it bolt right on a banks or 093?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of modding the intake I fabbed an adapter that has all kinds of compound angles to raise it up and turn it a little but it is t3 like the Banks up pipe I used.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine says .89 a/r inside the exhaust housing and the part number verifies it is too, but that being said it's still a T4 mount.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. Have to dig through my pics. Maybe it's the same AR with a t3 mount??

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's my turbo. It was a complete fluke find on eBay. One of the few times I've been in the right place at the right time.

Mine says 0.83 actually. I thought 0.83 was on that chart but it says 0.89. Oh well.

You can see it was brand new. I couldn't pass on it for the price. Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I can buy another housing and change it and still be money far ahead so I took a chance on it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On closer inspection it may be an 0.89 just with the t3 housing option. I swore I had ID it as being smaller but I guess not. Maybe Heath's is a 0.99 and that's why I thought it was smaller?

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That turbo you got @laserjock I believe was actually the one used for a "powermax" upgrade on a Cummins.

There should be a tag on the inside of the compressor housing @no mufflers like the one laserjock posted, but the last digits won't be a -5001s. It'll be a -1s, -2s, or -3s

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On second look @laserjock the part number on your turbo comes up as a .89 ar T4 like mine. I wonder if someone had tried changing the exhaust housing to make it fit some sort of application. I also looked and the t3 one used on a cummins would have been wastegated.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you put in that part number a few vendors come up and there are options for t4 divided or t3 single. I see references to cummins. They based several upgrades on this turbo. I've seen them in kits for powerstrokes and duramax too.

If you look around, you can find different housings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online