Project Big Red

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is looking great!

If the seat handle you made ends up hitting the door panel, would it be possible to remove the handle and put a 90 bend in it? Just an idea.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I think it depends on how close it is. It's too thick to just bend it I think. I may just cut it off. It will be easier most likely.

It was really a frustrating night. I decided to mount the brake control. After going rounds trying to locate it. Finally decide on a spot and drill the holes. Then go to open the console to put the nuts on the inside and the damn thing won't open. Latch is *****. Finally did some searching and looked at my old one so now I think I can get it open. Then I just need a new latch.

[emoji35][emoji21][emoji53][emoji20]

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New old latch ordered. Without lock this time. Didn't have the key anyway.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was able to pick the latch and get the lid open after seeing pictures of how its made. That let me mount up the brake control and get the wiring tied up. It turned out really well. Easy access to the manual lever.

You must be registered for see images attach

I pulled the other battery down and put the hold down in it. Reinstalled it. Decided to have a look at the steps I picked up.

I think they will look good. Just hope they function well.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Incredible progress! The truck looks like it is coming together beautifully.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside, I may even be able to put my cb on the front of the console too like I originally intended. If not I've got the one standard location under the dash available since the brake control is where it is.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the steps on.

I like them okay but the wife is still having a hard time getting in. Not sure what I'm going to do there.

In other news, got the new door striker bushings installed.

In other news I have striker bushings for sale.

When it's cheaper to buy a box of 50 than buy two new strikers with new bushings.

LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I get someone to post a picture of the coolant tank /washer bottle mounts? I believe that it goes something like this.

I'm not sure if it sets on another mount or how it goes. I deleted the battery tray on the drivers side. Do I need part of it back? I can see this bolting to the fender but it seems like the overflow should set in or on something. I haven't been able to find a good pic in my stuff yet.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent a picture to you. There is a bracket that bolts to the fender that the radiator catch bottle sits on.

Looking Great!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I think I have pics in my Molasses thread. I had the same problem, forgot how those hidden brackets go back together. You're going to love that brake controller! As for wife steps, fab up some sliders later with an integrated step. And for door striker pin bushings, 5/8 air brake tubing is perfect. I picked up some scrap Synflex off the floor at work for mine. Almost 2 years and so no signs of cracking or needing replaced. I heated them with a lighter and pressed them on by hand.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got pictures from junk. I figured it all out now. There's two missing parts from what I had. The bracket he mentioned actually slides into a bracket attached to the battery tray. I'll cut up my rusty battery tray and rack those pieces together and I should be good.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I doubt it's something you would want to do at this point, but there's always external grab handles. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I notice some shorter people have a hard time getting into my truck and its a 2x4. what I have found is they will try to reach for a handle on the pillar or top door seal area, kind of how the GMs have their handles.

im not sure exactly in what way your wife is having trouble but a handle their might help. an older friend of mine has a newer lifted jeep and his wife almost cant even get in it at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online