payin' the man

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the indy I know real well and have given him the work on my various gassers (don't own a single one anymore now, however) for a full 20 years. He will give me a ride to and from my house and give me priority on my repairs in his very busy garage. He personally works from 6AM to 6PM, 5 days per week. STILL I could not believe the price of this sender and just had to check with Ford. Still better than payments on a new Duramax. I had to say that, now I feel better LOL. I love my truck.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey OB8.... the sender says it fits a 40 gallon tank, will it fit any tank?? Are depths the same?? The unit looks short for 40 gallons, but if all they do is spread out the tank with same depth, then I guess it's a go. I couldn't find the part number on-line either, LMC uses their own part numbers.

I'm interested because my front tank no longer reads on the gauge, probably needs sender, rear tank is fine. If it fits both tanks, I may buy two for when the rear gives.... cuz you know it will!!! :rolleyes:

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front tank reads full pegged. My rear tank reads correctly, before and after the tank replacement. From what I gather, this is a common problem.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Did... did you pay 900$ for 1 complete fuel tank replacement?

WOW......... this just makes me even happier I can do everything my self at home....

That's insane.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did... did you pay 900$ for 1 complete fuel tank replacement?

WOW......... this just makes me even happier I can do everything my self at home....

That's insane.

If I had to farm out my repairs, instead of doing it all myself, we would be better able to afford selling our vehicles and paying a taxi-cab.

When you live on minimum wage and lots of no work at all, you either learn to do things yourself or do without.

That being said, the labor rates for the tank replacement seem more than fair.

As for the sending units, over and over through the last several years, it has been demonstrated and discussed how to replace the expensive factory sending units with readily available generic replacements that will work with the factory dash-gauge; twenty-bucks or so and you're problems go away.

My generic senders have way out-performed and far out-lived the Ford factory senders and are still going strong.
;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online