Ordered the license plates for E3 today

8ball

Reaction score
Arkansas is pretty cool about it. I have an antique plate on my '84; I never have to pay another yearly registration fee again. All I have to do is keep insurance on it. Technically I'm not supposed to drive it more than my "regular" vehicle, but there are no checks on it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Slide over to the branch in New Haven it's not as busy. The one on the north side out off Dupont road is MURDER or used to be. The one in New Haven used to be if you went during the week day was slide in and slide out - smaller community - the main branch in the Fort - FORGETABOUTIT.... Heard horror stories about that one.

i still need to go through all this BS as well as my drivers license....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
In cali your better off making an appointment but... All that means is you sit if you can find an mt chair or bench along with those that didn't make an appointment. The dmv dept here is a screwed up as hogans goat. A few years ago they had some cutbacks finally like the rest of cali had to do. So now its worse that ever. Even AAA has a waiting area now. Thats who insures my rigs. Like Sir Hopkins said in Ledgands of the fall... Screw the goverment...:thumbsup:

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In cali your better off making an appointment but... All that means is you sit if you can find an mt chair or bench along with those that didn't make an appointment. The dmv dept here is a screwed up as hogans goat. A few years ago they had some cutbacks finally like the rest of cali had to do. So now its worse that ever. Even AAA has a waiting area now. Thats who insures my rigs. Like Sir Hopkins said in Ledgands of the fall... Screw the goverment...:thumbsup:

Our BMV's use to be terrible, but after Mitch Daniels became governor he went through and got them to be pretty efficient i thought. My last trip to the BMV was actually a pleasant one.

/not making a political statement, just saying that he did that.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep My Man Mitch.... he whipped a ton of govt run stuff into well oiled machines.

Our BMV's use to be terrible, but after Mitch Daniels became governor he went through and got them to be pretty efficient i thought. My last trip to the BMV was actually a pleasant one.

/not making a political statement, just saying that he did that.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just applied for my Antique plates for the Moose Truck on Monday. I was saving it for my 50th birthday. Now we are both ancient.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Yep My Man Mitch.... he whipped a ton of govt run stuff into well oiled machines.

that HAD to take a ton of effort on his part..99.9% of gov types i know,,dislike work of any type with a passion...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sassy,

Yep people either loved him or hated him - there wasn't much in between. He privatized a lot of govt offices and organizations. Most of them worked out but a couple fell on their faces one being the welfare dept but he finally got that running good with a change to the company hired to manage it. While he was in office (just before and during this recession we had) Indiana was running on a balanced budget with surplus funds (yes we had money in the bank), while other states around us were hurting badly - Michigan being one of them - the standing joke was around here that the State of Michigan was going to file bankruptcy.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Arkansas is pretty cool about it. I have an antique plate on my '84; I never have to pay another yearly registration fee again. All I have to do is keep insurance on it. Technically I'm not supposed to drive it more than my "regular" vehicle, but there are no checks on it.

Yea, I'm about to put antique tags on one of my cars. THe deal is no more than 25k miles a year , and you have to have a vehicle registerd the normal way to keep the antique tag
Ark is pretty good on most things ( and cheap ) but my cousin recently moved back here after being out of state for about 25 years and they gave him heck to get a drivers license, he had show his birth certificate..... well hes about 61 with a CA birth certificate and the one hes had all these years, and has always been good enough for everything else, they decided wasnt, and he had to send off for a new copy, and CAs records arent great going back that far, it took about 3 months and $$$ to get it.... then the gal we get the next time in tells us the first one would have been just fine :backoff

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Robert.. Most DMV departments across this grand country will suck and blow at the same time. Remember all the crap Mel went thru with registerying the F150 that they put the 6.9 in... The dmv lost paperwork and so many other things. It was a catch 22 thing.. You can't do this till you do that but before that you have to do this but... It just went on forever. Several workrs were telling him differant things too.. That right thee would push me over the edge and its not that much of a push either. I have seen how the intitled dmv workers have treated me over the years. Screw em..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online