No oil pressure round three. Resolution found!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Most filters are In the little holes, out the big hole....... This is why when you pre-fill the fuel filter, you should pour it in the little holes, that way if there is actually something in the new "fuel" it gets filtered, otherwise anything that goes in the big hole, comes right back out with being filtered.......

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Huzzah!

You have levelled up.

The beard of knowledge must have grown a foot today. :)
Or maybe it's greyer. LOL

My guess would be something stuffed in the big hole of the last oil filter. Do you still have the oil filter? Time for an oil filter autopsy.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
No, the original filter was swapped back when it first came back to me and I installed a different oil cooler thinking the relief valve was stuck

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with the Beastie Boys? Good old school Rap...... not hip-hop

But I also have a huge variety of taste in music..... my music on my cellphone goes anywhere from classical to rap to country to some fairly new pop stuff....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess is some type of filter part....

Suggest someone take a new or couple new filters apart n look see whats what..but honestly so many brands.....Fram spam is my guess

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I do remember the filter he put on was a cheap stp one. I replaced it with wix when I did the cooler. Now it will be getting a 1995 motorcraft when it goes back in its hole.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was sabotage:joker:How else would a *** of rubber end up in your oil filter?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the oil goes in the small holes and out the center. There is no way for that to have gotten through any oil filter. Not even an orange one.

It had to be in there when it was put on.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda looks like the glue that holds the filter material to the end caps. I would send it to stp and see what they think.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a manufacturing "artifact", I found something similar in a Baldwin filter before I screwed it onto a scraper, just something that was left over from making either that filter, or one on a nearby line that fell/got put in there. I called our distributor about it and they said "take it out".....no **** lol. Always turn your filters upside down before installing them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac