Night Moose Update

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Mel and Methias just gave me a call and they picked up the newest member of the Moose Valley fleet, Night Moose.

The truck sounds like it was as advertised real nice shape, just needs a couple of minor things, like an IDI, and Methias sounds very excited about it. They are traveling back from Conn, and will post more pics when they get back.

Congrats to Methias!;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He ain't got his pilots license for a Cummins yet:D

Besides, dad prolly has a "Moose Pump JR" specially built for it to keep mater seed moose under control.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're home safe. Just under 1000 miles round trip. More later.....

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Long trip.......all I wanted to do last night was sleep. Pennsylvania to Rhode Island and back in 32 hrs. traffic was great both ways but several unexpected delays set us back. The trip up was great (cruising speed, large highways, etc) untill I decided that I had "discovered" a quicker route between where we were and where we wanted to be. I'm not sure if it was quicker or not but everyone was really tolerant with me- if you know what I mean. The whole time we are on this "quicker route" I am saying a very short repetative prayer. Dear God please let there be a hotel when we get there! Sure enough, we are seeing signs for civilization again, and theres a holiday inn. We walk in to get a room- NO VACANCY!! Well, I'm feeling pretty bad, I have nobody to blame but myself, and I have decided to be more specific on my prayers (next time I will include "with a room"), the next two hotels we get to are all full. Impossible, we are in the middle of nowhere (aka eastern connecticut) and everybodys full. we eventually find a place that can put us up, but it was one of two rooms the guy had left in his Best Western. We stayed the night and left the next morning around 8, we are at the sellers house by 8:45/9:00; really nice guy, very interested in the care that his truck was about to undergo, and helped us load up so that we were ready to go by 10:00. The trip back was clear/beautiful untill we crossed into PA- rain and thunderstorms quickly befell us and The Night Moose was officially christened in PA water. We have relatives who own a cabin in the Poconos: a vacation/weekend cabin kind-o-place where they have taken a large section of the state and proclaimed it "pocono: cabin/weekender retreat" and it was the attempt to visit them that disturbed the trip the most. We went way far out of our way to go there, because we missed the exit (that wasn't labled the same as it was going the other way) we turned around eventually, we were running low on fuel, and you could see the stress rising to the surface of my fathers face and attempting to relieve itself by releasing water vapor from his body into the air (STEAM, LOTS AND LOTS OF STEAM) he cooled off a little bit when we got there, only to find out that to get into this "gated community" the relative had to come down and get us, give the office our vehicle registration, and then be allowed in. This takes a half hr. untill we are following my aunt through this community, that is centered around a lake. She takes us the long way around the lake to there cabin so that my father could be facing the right direction to back in. She doesn't realize that my father doesn't need to be facing "the proper direction" to back in. he could have done just fine facing the other way. we visit, we leave. still low on fuel, thankfully there was a gas station off there exit that we could fill up at. we go to get back on the highway when we are stopped by an accident. the fire police "idgit" told us how to get to the highway using a different route. we follow him but it doesnt feel right, we turn around. still doesnt feel right- how the heck to we get on that highway. we go in the origionaly direction the fire policeman showed us. 1/2 mile down the road there is a sign for the highway we want. moral of the story "don't turn around untill you are positive you're going the wrong way." This fiasco has delayed us 50min. but we are now on the highway. Every thing else went fine. we arrived home safely and went to bed.

RedTruck

Reaction score
MasterMOOSE,

It's going to be a lot of fun watching your build materialize here. Sounds like all in all you fellas had a good trip with a few stories to tell in the end...a successful adventure in my estimation ;Sweet

I'm looking forward to watching your progress. Enjoy your new pickup.

Paul

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
cool, glad you guys got home OK. trust me road trips can make for some interesting stories. the more frustrating or messed up the trip the better the stories later. life can be an adventure if you roll with it.

looking forward to pics of the build

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He called me at work to tell me he got the truck unloaded and Mom is going to teach him how to drive stick. Wish I was there to see that. :) I gave him a preview at the sellers house. He'll get the hang of it. Matthias, if you read this remember - take the thermostat out if you want to run it more than a few minutes. You guys should see that thing - the exhaust looks like pure steam. Definitely a water in cylinder kind of intrusion. The old Ford 300 six was overheated by the PO.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap what days were ya'll travelling? Ya'll must have been right behind me! We went through CT on Friday - traffic was horrible (see other post). Anyway the truck looks great, my first was similar except much older and burgundy but a stepside 4WD. Loved that truck! Like the others can't wait to see this buildup progress!! Congrats on the new ride and glad ya'll made it home safe! ;Sweet

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Looks good, That's gonna one cool truck. Stacks on the out side of the bed?

Just out of curiosity what kind of fuel mileage did you get from the X?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin