Rebuilt Injection Pumps and Injectors Sourcing

MJGenay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the big four rebuilders mentioned around here are R&D, Moose, Russ, and Classic Diesel Designs. I've been hoping to pick up a 80CC pump and a set of injectors from R&D for a month or so now but haven't had any luck catching any in stock. R&D is relatively close by so the whole support a small business neighbor thing is a good selling point, I also like how clear his website is.

Anyways, haven't had any luck catching any in stock and I'd like to get this project done as the pump seems to be leaking diesel in the valley. I've come across a couple others online but I'm wondering if the recommendation is wait it out for a few months vs buy from another supplier. I plan to replace all the injectors and the IP in one go.

Finally I'm wondering if I have to get my injectors and IP from the same place as they would be calibrated for each other?

I was looking at these two as well, lower priced, which worries me, but I'm struggling to pay 2k for IP/Injectors from one of the other three known reputable places.

Any advice is appreciated.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'd love to get injectors and a pump from R&D, but if they aren't available in the next month I'll have to go with another vendor. I've gotten a pump from Moose recently with good results, and injectors from Russ with good results. Russ doesn't build pumps, just injectors.

MJGenay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I'd love to get injectors and a pump from R&D, but if they aren't available in the next month I'll have to go with another vendor. I've gotten a pump from Moose recently with good results, and injectors from Russ with good results. Russ doesn't build pumps, just injectors.
Thanks for the info! Am I correct in thinking getting pumps and injectors from one shop is best as they are optimized for each other? Am I okay just replacing the pump and the injectors down the line, or should I do the pump and injectors at the same time?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
R&d optimizes his pumps for his injectors. If you're going to do a pump it's a good idea to do injectors. I did a mix of moose pump with Russ injectors, it runs like it's brand new no issues.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R&d optimizes his pumps for his injectors. If you're going to do a pump it's a good idea to do injectors. I did a mix of moose pump with Russ injectors, it runs like it's brand new no issues.
I also have a Moose pump and Russ injectors

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The standyne i.p. doesn't care what it's feeding, the tweaked pumps that are built for big power sometimes are gunna want a specific stick.
This is 5 year old information That I've not kept up with...

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
So YOU'RE the reason he's out of stock! :flipa
He'll have them back... Eventually. Patience is a virtue

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I read it right, he will be back Feb, 12th.
On a trip or something.

Russ posted he is now getting his IP`s from Justin now, his supplier retired.

Goat

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are making me nervous! No mention of CCD? I just bought a set of injectors from him, haven't installed yet so no comments on how they work.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well vendors have sorta come and gone.....
Not gunna get political here.
I emailed Standyne about factory support and they sent me a searchable "aftermarket support" list, there are rebuilders "authorized by the factory "
Ymmv

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Opinions are like rocks in your gravel driveway, there's tons of them. I'd go with a vendor who will support the product after sale.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to product quality just yet however I will say the transaction was immediate and shipped same or next day. The product was in stock, well packaged, and shipped timely. So far zero complaints. Truck is in garage now with hood open, I'll let you all know how they work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.