New ip and injectors

fordhorse

Reaction score
Hi everybody it’s been quite awhile since I’ve been on here, I just recently bought a clean rust free 94 f350 factory turbo with low miles. It was a barn find the original owner passed and it sat in his barn for about 15 years till his wife decided to sell it. The truck has fueling issues so I’m looking at replacing the ip and injectors and was just looking for options on where to get them, I’m not looking to build anything crazy just a little more power than stock would be nice if I’m spending money on parts anyway.
On a side note I was kinda wondering if any of the the members were still on here that were around 10+ years ago.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are four places that are considered trustworthy for a good IP and injectors

Wes (wes on here) at classic Diesel Designs
Mel (agnem on here) at Moose Diesel
Justin at R&D
Russ (typ4 on here) not sure of his website or if he does IPs but his injectors are top notch!

I would not go anywhere else besides these four. many people have tried to find cheaper ones out there and they always come back with issues and end up going with one of these.

Rocknit4x4

Reaction score
There are four places that are considered trustworthy for a good IP and injectors

Wes (wes on here) at classic Diesel Designs
Mel (agnem on here) at Moose Diesel
Justin at R&D
Russ (typ4 on here) not sure of his website or if he does IPs but his injectors are top notch!

I would not go anywhere else besides these four. many people have tried to find cheaper ones out there and they always come back with issues and end up going with one of these.
I have one of Justin’s pumps and a set of his injectors on my truck and they have worked great.

fordhorse

Reaction score
Hard hot starts and some white raw diesel smoke. Any suggestions on which company to go with, last time I owned one of these trucks you only had two choices for anything other than stock a moose pump and one from Ken at dps I think. I was thinking about a 90cc pump would be good, not too crazy but still better than stock. I was also wondering about doing a body lift for extra clearance for an upgraded down pipe but the one I found for an obs truck says it doesn’t fit diesels and I was wondering why that would be if it is true?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I can't answer about the body lift. You can still buy bigger pumps from Moose. You can also buy from Justin at R&D IDI performance and Wes at Classic Diesel Design. I've heard of DPS, but I really don't know anything about them good or bad.

fordhorse

Reaction score
I looked at the websites for moose and classic diesel, just kinda wondered if one of the shops was better to go with. I’m really surprised and happy to see how many more choices there are now for our trucks compared to years ago. They all seem to sell parts that can push way more power than anyone thought possible with the idi in the past other than that crazy legend 6.9 people used to mention from time to time.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Russ isn't doing pumps any more. I got mine (and injectors) from him last year.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I wonder why Russ isn't doing pumps any more. I got mine (and injectors) from him last year.
When I spoke to him when I bought my serpentine belt setup from him he said never did the pumps, always outsourced them. Didn't specify who, but if I was a betting man... Probably R&D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ changed his website, he refers anyone who needs a pump to R&D now, found that out today.
Correct, the builder I used in portland for 40+ years cant build a pump that works right.
3 hot start issues on the last builds, was told by the new regime, "well its in spec". Had to send them to Justin to fix them.
The one guy that was doing them retired.
Justin built me a few but I cannot compete with R&D pricing , his HPNA will work for everyone,,, and he is the ONLY company I recommend.