Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I need a pump and injectors from Justin, but oh boy is he a busy fella :cry:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is good to know Russ, thanks for telling us.
BTW you still doing injectors or are you sending them to R&D?
I will do injectors till I cant anymore.
R&D does not do reman

fordhorse

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of injectors from Russ, I had been considering a set of the stage one injectors that R&D has but wasn’t really sure I need them for the power level I’m going for. Now I’m just trying to decide on the IP thinking about going with an R&D 80 or 90 probably the 80 because I don’t really want to do head studs right now.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how these vendors come along and then we have only 1.
It's sad that the new owners of connestoga diesel changed the name and quality.
Mel's calibration Guru's retirement was a great loss.

I Wonder how/why Standyne's factory authorized rebuilders are not a good deal...

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I Wonder how/why Standyne's factory authorized rebuilders are not a good deal...
I have had no trouble with Moose Diesel, previously Conestoga. I haven't heard of trouble either. Their communication skills aren't the best but otherwise I am perfectly happy with their products and services.

Reactions: Clb

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any way (without removing from the truck!) to estimate how many miles are on my IP.
The dash said 186K when I bought it several years ago, now 194K. I am fairly confident that that is NOT the original PSOM (the wire going to it is spliced, and the truck just seemed much more worn than that mileage would imply). Anyway, after replacing many parts (everything rotating up front, clutch, t-case rebuild, and recently U-joints) it runs well.

The IDI 7.3 never has a problem starting cold or hot, no blue or white smoke, plenty of power and after adding a factory turbo setup and CDD #1 upgrade, no trouble making 12 psi boost. Lots of black smoke if I hit the pedal too hard at low RPMs (turned up 2 flats).

Obviously I don't want to spend over $1k replacing IP and injectors if it's not needed. So is there any way to tell other than hard-starting when hot?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the pump painted? Does it have sealer dots on some screws?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Authorized shops are supposed to adhere to the calibration charts. and have much larger overhead.
And "turning up" the pump after the install will void the warranty, they say not but if there is a problem,,, they default to, "you modified it". Sorry
I know firsthand that the shop that used to do my pumps charged list or more for parts.
They would clean and test /reset injectors. Yes its a rebuild, no you didnt get new nozzles.

If ANY shop opens up a pump and finds contaminate/dirty fuel , or metal particles,, no warranty, but then this is definitely valid .
See pic.
This customer demanded a refund after 8 months of no contact after I offered to refund if he sent the pump back in June.
The metering valve was extremely stiff from debris. Its now cleaned and ran on the stand and hes getting it back. He will be angry about no refund but,,,,,

Attachments

• metal in screen.jpg
    metal in screen.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Clb

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members