My Moosed weekend project

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Very nice, that turbo whistle must be on all the time now with a 4" straight pipe. Btw those exhaust clamps come factory on the dodge cummins and yes it makes it easy to remove the pipe if necessary.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that dodge has them, probably would have been easier to find those clamps if i had known. And yes whistle is on always, outside you can hear it all the time and to the inside it comes right after about 1300 rpm....

catskinner22

Reaction score
Very nice thread I am getting ready to re due the fuel system on a 94 idi 7.3 turbo that I just bought with 147000 miles. all stock. Its a good looking dually. Black. It is hard to believe the cost of parts between my 5.9 twin turbo and the 7.3 I love it.;Sweet

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job, especially on the downpipe bracket. Still trying to find time to install my Moose pump. Its been my experience that the factory turbos whistle less with the upgrade. My truck has very little whistle, but my old 93 with the stock outlet and 3" downpipe whistled nicely. What size is the exhaust housing in relation to the stock one(Larger or Smaller)? It wasnt available when I upgraded my truck back in 95.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, i have a 93 also, and i was thinking about getting the moose pump also. The truck has 240k miles on it and i wonder if a turbo upgrade is necessary. If you don't mind me asking, can a turbo upgrade and a moose pump be done for a grand or 1500? Just curious... dont feel obligated to say anything, im just on a budget and was wondering what was most important and most affordable :) Thanks a lot

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moose Pump prices are set by Mel. His guy has a standard labor rate but the final price point is really all about how good or bad your core pump is. It isn't going to be cheap, but I think most find the Moose Pump costs between 600-900 bucks depending on if you buy a brand new core(Like icanfixall) or really luck out with a nearly pristine core that is free or cheap. The ATS upgrades are around 500 if you can still get them. The problem is some people really are happy with them but others ahve hated ATS forever because they felt they got screwed in termsof customer service, fitment of the products and other things. A Banks downpipe or your own 2.5 (2.25"?)incher without the flattened spot would be an upgrade. Other people have made a homebrew solution to this problem here with decent results if they did their homework beforehand and could weld or fabricate or knew people with these skills.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if i bought a reman pump from a place for 350 dollars, there shouldn't be anything broken in the pump and there shouldn't be too much wrong with the pump. Would it still cost me 600 to get it done? I mean i have a pump on my truck now, but its pretty worn out but it works fine, i am just looking for the cheapest way... thanks so much for your help

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, with my factory turbo, what kinda mods do they make or did they make? Does it really give your truck more power or?

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kpj, you had both housings together. Did you notice what the difference was, or the A/R numbers on them. No one else seems to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle