More Rumore are confirmed,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yes I am considering installing a Cummins in Big Ed.

The doner truck that I picked up (1986 F350 Crew Cab SRW 2wd) has a 12V Cummins. The complete conversion was done in 2001 in Arazona and has only 20K on a Cummins Reman, with the GV overdrive. The nice thing about this is that it also has a C6 trans. SO everything that I need to do a complete conversion is there. Motor mounts, Trans adapter, touque converter, brackets, VRV, AC, Cruise Throttle cable hookup, ALl guages and wiring, tac pickup, etc,..

Then when I am done I will have a rust free california truck, c6, gearvendors, banks turbo, and many other parts to sell and pay for the conversion. It should basicly be a free conversion, minus my labor, and that's cheap.:D

So what do I get, a 20K mile Cummins with lttle work will have 80+ more HP and 150+ more torque, it will go 500K with little difficulty, and still get about 5mpg better than my IDI. Ans everything that I have done to Big Ed, will work with the CUmmins, Prolane, exhaust, guages, hood scoop? not shure, :dunno

I am still in the early stages but I think it will be a go.

There, I feel much better!

Attachments

• 86 F350 c.JPG
    86 F350 c.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 86 f350 c motor1.JPG
    86 f350 c motor1.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 83

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
It's becoming more commonplace than people think. I seriously considered it for the PSD but the money was more than I can afford for all the conversion stuff. You got it already, so obvious no-brainer. Good luck!!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
If you part that truck out I want the hood light assembly.Always liked the retractable oh crap light for the late night I am out in the boonies/ghetto with a broke down truck repair jobs.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Heck,If I had room or a way to get it here(More of a way to get it here.I can find room) I would ask about a package deal on all your old parts.Hell,I still gotta get to Oklahoma and pick up all those OMB parts....I am sure he is tired of looking at them after,what,2 years.....

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I think someones worried about a rematch with a certain white CC PSD:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Go get 'em Darrin! Building the truck you want is always fun. Good Luck and let us in on the process.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Way to go Darrin ;Sweet , is exactly what You need on Big Ed. Now the only thing I don't agree with is that I asked about it first so by right You should just send it all to Me and then buy Yourself the next converted truck and start Yours after You really thought about it.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online