More Rumore are confirmed,..

SKimballC

Reaction score
Its not intercooled, Darrin. You'll have to remedy that while you're at it. Nice score, by the way, that's perfect. Big Ed is gonna be a freakin' monster.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice, how much did you pick that up for (if I may ask)?

Good Question,..Lets run with this for a little while shall we..?

What do you think it is worth?

1986 F350 CC 2wd. the truck is a rust free california truck. A tree fell on the hood, fender and front doors. With the truck came rust free Oklahama hood fender and both doors. They are in the bed of the truck.

in 2001 it had a new Cummins reman installed $8500.00 for the motor
New gearvendors OD unit $3000.00
Labor and parts for the conversion $4000.00

There has been 20,000 miles since the conversion.

I just drove it from Winsconsin towing a Ranger on a tow dolly, It got 16 MG doing 70 MPH, never skipped a beat.
The interior is beautiful and it drives excellent. Everthing works on the truck.

Other doodads:
Rear air bags
Exhaust brake
Air Compressor
New Tires
Pyro and Boost guages
SS Exhaust

So, What to you all think it is worth.? :dunno

I do have to say that I paid a little more than I wanted to,..cookoo

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If you part that truck out I want the hood light assembly.Always liked the retractable oh crap light for the late night I am out in the boonies/ghetto with a broke down truck repair jobs.

I'll take the turbo and the GV. Plus, I already have the cool hood light dealie-o (it's magnetic too!)

The Vultures are swarming allready!,.:D I will be selling a lot of good parts to help recoup my cost. Like I said I am hoping to do the swap for free minus my labor

The GV is tentavly spoken for and when the rest is ready I will get it posted.

I think someones worried about a rematch with a certain white CC PSD

Go get 'em Darrin! Building the truck you want is always fun. Good Luck and let us in on the process.

That would be fun! I will be getting some Mods done,...Hee Hee
Thanks!

Way to go Darrin , is exactly what You need on Big Ed. Now the only thing I don't agree with is that I asked about it first so by right You should just send it all to Me and then buy Yourself the next converted truck and start Yours after You really thought about it.

Thanks EZ,...This truck was way too far for you to go so I just picked it up and saved you the traveling. ;Sweet I will find one that is closer to you that you can pick up, just let me know when you are redy.

Oh Look, heres one!.. http://detroit.craigslist.org/pts/396167666.html

i knew it you go Darrin.

Good call Rob. Thanks.

did some one say crew cab parts????

yes, whatdoyaneed,..? I will have to get some pics up of the interior, it is darn nice even though it is TAN :puke:

Its not intercooled, Darrin. You'll have to remedy that while you're at it. Nice score, by the way, that's perfect. Big Ed is gonna be a freakin' monster.

Yes I am looking into that also. Thanks!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Good Question,..Lets run with this for a little while shall we..?

What do you think it is worth?

OOOOOH OOOOOH I know!:D

Just couldn't wait could ya?:backoff

:D

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
That is a first Gen motor...

I can't help but think that since you are so into tinkering, you ought to trade Darrin your pump for his rotary (that way you'll still be on the road) and put together something wild for your truck in the meantime.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
After looking at the pics of your doner truck, I've decided that you should move Big Ed down the road, and beautify the 86. That body style is prettier.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
when you get all you need off the truck what will be left? A good crew cab? what would you sell it for? i could drive mine up there and swap the motor out and drive the crew home???;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Oh wait, no, first gen is rotary pump. N/mind.

That is correct but the research that I have been doing ther is plenty that you can do to the pump for more power. ;Sweet

After looking at the pics of your doner truck, I've decided that you should move Big Ed down the road, and beautify the 86. That body style is prettier.

when you get all you need off the truck what will be left? A good crew cab? what would you sell it for? i could drive mine up there and swap the motor out and drive the crew home???

Hee Hee, It really aint that bad of a truck hu...? Not my favorite color though :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I can't help but think that since you are so into tinkering, you ought to trade Darrin your pump for his rotary (that way you'll still be on the road) and put together something wild for your truck in the meantime.

LOL you funny man LOL

I don't think so there Chief... :backoff Me lilke my pump - him get own pump.

:rotflmao I crack myself up...

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can follow directions, You'll have no problems with the amount of power you can get out of that rotary pump... without paying anyone else to tinker with it... ;Sweet

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I think if Travis spiced up the goat anymore, he'd be pickup up pieces of scrap metal off the side of the road.

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
Well on a project truck like that you typically lose a lot of money that is put into it... So I would say that if you had the truck, plus $15,500 invested, Then $12,000 would be fair, but I would never expect that. Honestly I think it would sell for $7000, $9000 if the seller held out for a while. I know of a 50k Gen 3 24v Cummins just 10 mins from here for $3500, so I think that $8500 for a remanned Gen 1 in 2001 is a little high. Perhaps the fact that he didn't swap a core brought the price up some, but still...

When I'm looking for a cummins though, I just want the engine... so its harder for me to judge. Labor would be excluded as I would be doing all the work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online