moose pumps

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel! how much does a moose pump run now, and how can I gets me one when I finally come up with some money?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
creighta,

I believe Mel may still be in transit back from the rally.

I don't want to answer for Mel, but, I do not believe there is a set price for a Moose pump. It all depends on what has to be done with the core they are working with... I think some of the members that have bought moose pumps have said their pumps run from $700 to $900+. If I remember correctly someone sent an unused NOS Ford Rebuilt pump (6NebraskaIDI's I believe) and it was still somewhere in the $7 - 800 range. Mel will be able to answer for certain when he gets back......

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The costs are completely dependant on whats being replaced because its worn out. sending in a newly rebuilt pump(pensacloa pumps cost $295.00 and no core charge or shipping charges) is still the best way of upgrading a pump. Both of my Moose pumps have cost $588.00. Now I know you can beat that price buying a pensacloa pump or paying more than that for a stock pump too. Yes... I have had two moose pumps... I really do like them. Untill you use one you will never know what they are capabile of. After we installed my pump at the rally Mel and I went for a "test drive:sly".... His comments were he wasn't goig to drag race me or any other E4OD truck.... He found out first hand just what his work and the BTS trans can do... Towcat.... I did see the red line on that test run......-Drool:popcorn:eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only from stoplight to stoplight.
heck, i have a thm700 hanging off the butt of a 6.5turbo that will roast the tires on a std cab chevy with 3.23 rear.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My Moose pump cost me about $900 total. I bought a NOS Ford, brand new service pump, for about $250. Then I sent it to Mel and his guy had to replace both electronic components (at some point the pump must have been dropped in the last 15-20 years of being moved around the Ford dealership) and all the gaskets were dried up, then he still had to work his magic which cost me about another $600-650 including the shipping charges. So yea, about $900 total. Still haven't had a chance to install Moose pump #9 yet, but hoping to soon so long as my engine problems are simple and don't cost me much.
Im really hoping for a 200hp motor out of this, but maybe I'm hoping for a bit much, I dont know.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats this? an E4OD striking fear in the hearts of your fellow man?

:rotflmao

Maybe he is afraid of parts hitting the front of his truck after one of those hard shiftsLOL

I had heard the $700 number somewhere, but was hoping that meant complete including new pump. I'll talk to Mell, but that may become the next wish list item after a Turbo. . . . I still have to fix some cab cancer first.