missing at higher rpms

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a search and couldn't find anything or i just wasn't putting in the right stuff.. but bought a 1992 f250 with the 7.3 and the 5 speed.. and it starts really good and idles fine but when it gets around 2000 or so rpms it starts missing out and gets worse the higher you go, and it also smokes alot of white smoke.. at idle it doesn't really smoke at all.. had a buddy smell the exhaust and he said it smelt just like diesel and nothing else.. confused?.. would love some help on this..

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Try advancing the timing some to start with, also get a new fuel filter and change it fill the new one with atf or diesel kleen

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of mileage is on the IP and injectors? If unknown, or around 100K, I wouldn't bother messing with it. Just replace them. The truck is in obvious need of a "tune up".

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not for sure how many miles are on the pump and injectors.. the guy I bought it from said he replaced them not to long ago ans there isn't very many miles on them, but y'all kno and have heard that before.. it'd been settin around a year tho.. I changed the filter last night and filled it up with howes..