low sulfur fuels are bad??

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
( I have thawed out many air brake lines years ago with an ether torch cookoo , but it has saved me many times in the middle of the night).I don't reccomend it unless U have practiced it many times.

How do you practice for that one...roll around in the snow while beating flames out of you hair :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
Can you tell I've been there :D I've had to use that trick a few times myself. Instant thrill, but when you're in the middle of nowhere on a closed road.......;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one likes a braggart :rotflmao :rotflmao Leg.:eek: LOL LOL

J/K the fuel world is a small one. I have worked w/ several instructors from Ft Lee who are now retired. I am out now but working as a contractor.

Fellas sorry for the Hijack:sorry: and :thanks:

LEG!!!!.... Oh you didn't go there-cuss ;Pissed LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you drive less now than a person did before because of having to bend over at the pump due to being ripped off by the oil companies, then you are saving emissions.

Well I wish that were true, but it's just the opposite. I'm going Biodiesel by the first of the year with any luck.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea......... But I'm a war hero too
You must be registered for see images attach
;p LOL

Thanks for your service;Sweet

my dad has one of those from the luzon campaign in WW2 i was just researching the battle.

and mcmaster carr sells viton o-rings. you can search through sizes on there. if someone knows them off hand and could post the item numbers then this should be saved.

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
Off road fuel

Off road fuel is now the 15ppm with the same dye packet in it as the old 500ppm had in it the reason for the color is it is no taxable other than that no difference than other.
Most all 500ppm was left was absorbed by the railroad or was sold to the smaller mom and pop stations they can still run till 2010 in some states but most all refinery's are now making 15ppm

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Bio fule works good i have tryed 5, 20, 40 and now bio 50 not much cheeper

F250 6.9

T Bird 5.0

Yeah, but biodiesel isnt offered everywhere. The closest one to me is a good half hour away. But I would agree that bio is way better than just regular ULSD, has better lubricating qualities ;Sweet

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 stroke oil is a wonderful additive for our diesels....its ashless so it burns clean..../
Question, so I go to my local Wal-Mart and I have infront of me their "Super Tech Universal 2-Cycle Engine Oil" in a (blue) bottle. 8fl oz
I'm not seeing anything on the product that says "ashless".
There is a ink stamping on it that reads 7138 W71705...is this what you people are using? And if so, one 8oz bottle per tank?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Question, so I go to my local Wal-Mart and I have infront of me their "Super Tech Universal 2-Cycle Engine Oil" in a (blue) bottle. 8fl oz
I'm not seeing anything on the product that says "ashless".
There is a ink stamping on it that reads 7138 W71705...is this what you people are using? And if so, one 8oz bottle per tank?

I use the Super Tech stuff all the time. The trucks like it. So dose the trackspeeder.:D

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about the Super Tech oil, what color is the oil itself? I've been using ATF in mine for ever but I can't tell if it tints the fuel enough that it would look like off road fuel if I ever get checked.