lets just say. . .

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
That someone bought a 96 f350 centurion with a 460 E4od and wanted to do a psd conversion. How much of the electronics are stand alone for the engine and transmission and how much is integrated with the rest of the truck. Also is it safe to assume that the gasser trans is different from the diesel trans both electronically and mechanically?

tknomaj

Reaction score
:eek:the wiring harness for engine and transmission for gas and diesel are stand alone except for wiring to dash but it can be replaced as one unit sounds like You have Your hands full with this one Contemplated going to darkside on my truck but stayed and did not stray :Dbuy donor and start swappingLOL P.S. I can Laugh because i did this in a 93 bronco and swaped in 7.5 and all wiring and computer to make ca. smog legal so I know what a PITA it is but was worth it in long run have FUN

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the entire donor truck so you can scavenge all the harnesses and sensors from the engine and chassis.

Lotta work but it is doable.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also is it safe to assume that the gasser trans is different from the diesel trans both electronically and mechanically.

I'm thinking that the 460 trans. won't hookup to a 7.3, different bellhousing's.