Knee update

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, my truck sits pretty high. Guess my heavy ass shouldn't have jumped down!! lol
The show was good, except for 1 firework. lol.
I wish you could take that one back also, but out of every bad thing, comes some good. Not sure what it is, yet, but Im sure there will be some kind of benefit.
John
there is something good that will come about......
you'll have all the time in the world to teach your daughter how to drive the CC;Sweet

pafixitman

Reaction score
Hey John,
I have not really caught up with everything going on but... been there done that. I tore my ACL and MCL. Surgery was the best thing I did in regards to my knee.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Knee injuries really suck. I injured mine playing volleyball a few years back, fortunately no real damage was done....but driving a stick was a *****......

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Final update.
After surgery, I went through physical therapy. Since I was off from work for over 90 days, I was terminated. Had to pay Cobra for health insurance. Completed physical therapy and was rehired at my old job, although I lost all tenure and vacation. Kind of sucks, but I told them Im taking time off when I wanted, dont care if I have vacation time or not. Started work last week and today I received my first paycheck in 6 months. Knee is still a little stiff and weak, I'm probably about 90-95% healed. Gonna take some time for that last 5%. Looking forward to the next rally, thanks to everyone for the well wishes and prayers.

John

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
John, its great to hear that the knee will be good to go. Man it sucks to hear how a large corporation will take advantage of the personnel that makes them what they are. Thanks for the update, we will have to convoy again this year, I'm looking forward to the rally as well.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Thanks Goose! Remember though, I work for a dealership, not Ford. I guess, technically, its a small business, less than 100 employees. Not a large corporation, but still, the circumstances suck. They showed their true cards, and I will react accordingly. lol Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Did you get your truck fixed? By the way, Happy Birthday, Goose!!!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I believe its a federal law that states an employer can't terminate an employee because of a medical condition. Please seek an attorney for advice. I believe you should be made "hole in every way". No loss of vacation or other benifits. If a job can fire you because your hurt or sick none of us would ever have a job. People get hurt and sick too. What would happen if a drunk driver hit you and you were laid up for months. Something smells here...

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Federal law states that I can be terminated after 90 days if it was NOT a work related injury. It keeps the employer from having to pay health insurance for someone who isnt working. Thats fine. I get it. I will pay for my health insurance, but dont screw me out of my tenure and vacation time after I've been there 12 years. Thats what really ****** me off.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
lol, and if I was hit by a drunk driver, I would be suing their insurance company. They would "make me whole". lol I have researched this, and is a touchy subject. I will make up for it in other ways.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So how exactly did this accident happen?

Jumping off the back of his lifted truck tailgate to save his kids and his own Butt from incoming fireworks at the 2012 IDI Rally. It was a Great Time, you should come next year!

Thanks for the update John, Glad to hear they hired you back even tho it was not the best circumstances. It has to be good to be able to get to a normal schedule and have income again. I know it has been a long road for you Bud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online