Kill Switch: Ya or Na

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Forget about kill switches or alarms. In the city, nobody pays the slightest attention to a car alarm, and a kill switch will be bypassed in a heartbeat.
If you want to shut down a thief, re plumb your fuel feed line and plumb in a gate valve to where only you know where it is and just flip that lever when you park it and a thief will get er fired and make it about a hundred feet and stall right about the time they hit the street and panic and leave the thing :D I've managed to forget that I've had teh fuel shutoff on me bed tank a few times and been left sitting there cussing until I realized what the problem was :oops:

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear alot more people having problems with aftermarket security systems then I've heard of them protecting.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this thread. I've deployed numerous methods over the years and now just have something hidden for the IP. There was a time, way WAY back when... When I wired an ignition coil to one of those wire framed seat cushions. I left it on intentionally even at home since letting my brother drive anything is like an invite to destruction.

He got noticeably upset, and afterwards I got a new radio after pulling the boot prints out of the truck dash.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys.

What my dad had done was put a switch inside the frame rail on the drivers seat. then he put one inside the door jam on the drivers door.

one of my auto classes in school we are learning about automitive electrical, so mabey i will talk to the teacher and se if we can put in a couple switches. it is nice that i have a kid that placed #1 in the country in college for automotive elec in a recent compititoion.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys.

What my dad had done was put a switch inside the frame rail on the drivers seat. then he put one inside the door jam on the drivers door.

one of my auto classes in school we are learning about automitive electrical, so mabey i will talk to the teacher and se if we can put in a couple switches. it is nice that i have a kid that placed #1 in the country in college for automotive elec in a recent compititoion.

skills USA?

i won that back in 2004 for diesel equipment. lol

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
ive said it before if somebody wants your vehicle bad enough they will get it.kill switches were good back in the 80s.take a peek under the dash and look for non factory wiring and youll find the switch.i dont care how good you are at wiring,you have to tap into the vehicles wiring and a good thief will pick up on it real quick.

Not if the entire harness is white.

But I like this idea:
http://burglarbomb.com/Repulsar-I.aspx

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
That's the issue I been pondering, But you wouldn't be standing next to it, I was thinking in the dash.