idi turbo

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have no idea what they are. They are brand new, still in the factory boxes, no need to rebuild any of them.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Early eclipses use a TD04 turbo (or otherwise referred to as a 14B) as far as I know. The TD06 is what is referred to as the 16G turbo I believe.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ats and factory ford turbo for the idi is a TO4H, this info from a garett shop I get parts from, basically a to4 exhaust side and a larger compressor , the H designator. I have 2 john deere turbos that are the same center and turbine but the comp side is tiny, that is originally what I built Justins from, put on the .70 comp side and good to go. I have a super 60 comp side on mine and I like it. I will post pics and sizes as soon as I can.
The banks non gated is almost identical size on compressor but the turbine looks quite different, ats non gated also.

The type of turbo on a particular ricer doesnt mean squat, the housings could be different and all that, I have a buddy that does Nissan stuff and just because the factory says it is a certain number doesnt mean it left the factory that way. At least what he has found.

also he bought one of those korean turbos and it vibrated, he had it balanced and it seems ok but school is still out on this. Pretty crappy workmanship but the wheel is holding together so far. I will get pics if and when it goes boom.;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as the wheels dont touch the housing it will be ok for a while.

tractorman86

Reaction score
The ats and factory ford turbo for the idi is a TO4H, this info from a garett shop I get parts from, basically a to4 exhaust side and a larger compressor , the H designator. I have 2 john deere turbos that are the same center and turbine but the comp side is tiny, that is originally what I built Justins from, put on the .70 comp side and good to go. I have a super 60 comp side on mine and I like it. I will post pics and sizes as soon as I can.
The banks non gated is almost identical size on compressor but the turbine looks quite different, ats non gated also.

:eek: what model JD are they off of:confused: i might have some and not know it? is it feasable to make them wastegated?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You mean in and out? Thats BAD, side to side can be fixed, but if its in and out more than likely the housings and cartridge are ruined.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean in and out? Thats BAD, side to side can be fixed, but if its in and out more than likely the housings and cartridge are ruined.

What he said

The jd turbos I had are off 6414 industrial engines. Or 6 5.9 if you like the new system better. BUT they used many different ones so best to match up the parts side by side.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
If you don't want to screw around with piecing something together that may or may not work, you can always buy my complete Banks Turbo setup with a rebuilt turbo for $1000.00 plus shipping.

Just a thought,..

Last edited:

tractorman86

Reaction score
If you don't want to screw around with piecing something together that may or may not work, you can always buy complete Banks Turbo setup with a rebuilt turbo for $1000.00 plus shipping.

Just a thought,..

that's not too bad where could you do that?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just PM me and we can make arrangments. I can ship it to your door.

I edited my post to say "my" Complete Banks system. Makes more sence now doesn't it,..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online