IDI Newbie

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
always owned a Stick, how do you drive an auto trans? :dunno
Very carefully if you want it to remain functional, I have a couple of autos but I don't like them. I have killed more auto transmissions over the years than most people could imagine.

James

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said that sort of "Tongue and Cheek".

When my Dad turned 90, he decided to stop driving. "Do you think Suzy would like my (96) Ford Tarus Station Wagon"? (He passed in 2012)

We drove it from San Jose to Portland and gave it to her.
Her first reaction was "How do you drive an automatic". She had always driven a Stick.
Made us laugh.

Goat

jbm6900

Reaction score
Trucks & sporty cars should all have manual shift trans, IMO. That's the one thing I wish I could change in my new to me service truck, that damn fagomatic it came with! It was a fire rescue in it's former life, that's ALL those came with. I keep dreamin for a 13speed.. Lol

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I found the polar opposite of me, computer controlled engines and automatics are pretty awesome to me.

I say as I own a manual idi.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured people that drive Automatics are...shiftless.

Love to watch the guy behind me launch it when the light changes, iam grinding through the gears on the T-19 and he suddenly does a nose dive to keep from kissing my Trailer Hitch.

Goat

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I share your feelings on manual trannys. I had a Detroit 8V92TA with a 13 speed tranny. I loved that combination! You could shift 3 or 4 times going thru an intersection. I "raced" that rig many times against other trucks going from the stop light to the ped zing. The winner might get past 7 mph! Fun times...

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love to watch the guy behind me launch it when the light changes, iam grinding through the gears on the T-19 and he suddenly does a nose dive to keep from kissing my Trailer Hitch
I always have to laugh at those people, most of them probably don't even know what a manual transmission is.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online