Hypermax pulse turbo observations

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
the ones that I have been around are t4 garret, h trim compressor, just like the other non gated kits.

The ATS 088 uses a T3 /T4 hybrid, not aT 4 and I'm not sure what hypermax does with the inlet housing setup on theirs, but they seem to tout something different

Black dawg

Reaction score
The ATS 088 uses a T3 /T4 hybrid, not aT 4 and I'm not sure what hypermax does with the inlet housing setup on theirs, but they seem to tout something different

the 093 is t3/t4

I have replaced cartriges in the 088,085, banks nw(the one with a garret center), and the hypermax, and they all used the same cartrige.

What makes the hypermax unique is the divided inlet exhaust housing, and seperate pipes frome each bank.

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys I guess It's time for me to jump in here and write about my experiences with my Hypermax turbo. Its only been installed 3 days so its still new to me. But as Robert says It will sit you back in the seat when I get on It.ITS GREAT! this is not a run of the mill hypermax turbo though,I bought it off a fellow TDS member many moons ago and it came off a 6.9 engine. I finally sent it to Type4 to be rebuilt and he installed a larger blade thinghy(not sure what your call it).he said it would increase torque at low rmps.It seems to do just that. As for pics as RDSL said, we were so covered in grease and such I wasn't going to touch my camera.Boost numbers will come soon as I install the tubing to the gauge. As a side note Robert is one heck of a mechanic and an all around great guy to work around,too bad ya'll could't live close to us to get to know him!

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I'm running a pulse kit as well. I had type4 rebuild my turbo as well before installation. I had punkmechanic help install (mostly install) mine. I've been running it for over a little two years now and am very happy. I drove from Oregon to Minnesota loaded down and towing a trailer and had no issues.
I only turned my pump up one flat and am running a 4" open exhaust.

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i worked on getting all my guages hooked back up today,have pre and post pryo's now and boost is finally operational.That guage was installed a long time ago,just never had anything to hook it to.checked my timing and set it at 9.5.have to replace the drain tube,its leaking bad.Its running pretty good.---Rob