Hay, Brick nose freaks!!!

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine also says it's for both 9004/9007. You should be fine switching it. It looks like the ground and low beam have to be switched. I dont think it matters which side you switch.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna try and switch the red and green with black stripe first and if that doesn't do it I'll just have to guess and check until I get it. The moto control wire harness is for both types and idk how that works right.. I guess it doesn't lol.

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna try and switch the red and green with black stripe first and if that doesn't do it I'll just have to guess and check until I get it. The moto control wire harness is for both types and idk how that works right.. I guess it doesn't lol.

Yeah I get what you are saying. I dont believe mine came with any wiring diagrams for the Moto control harness you may be stuck with guessing.

Last edited:

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Got drl led strips that also double as turn signal and hazard lights.

Flipped those two wires and the low and high beams work normally now. Just gotta wait for the glue to dry, I used clear caulking with two spots of jb weld in case I'd have to take them apart again but now I'm worries that wont be enough to hold it. We'll see in 6 hours..

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got drl led strips that also double as turn signal and hazard lights.

Flipped those two wires and the low and high beams work normally now. Just gotta wait for the glue to dry, I used clear caulking with two spots of jb weld in case I'd have to take them apart again but now I'm worries that wont be enough to hold it. We'll see in 6 hours..

That's awesome! Where did you get the led strips from?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sealed it with clear caulking but I put jb weld on the top and the sides about 1" to re enforce it and held it tight with clamps while it drove.

"Ernest" avoided winter and rust its whole life until I got it, so until we get an evening where the roads are totally dry he's stuck in the garage. The TDI in front of his bay also doesn't leave in winter so it's a pain to get him out lol. I keep my 3 favorite vehicles garaged all winter and my wife's SUV she daily drives while my 4x4 6.9 and cavalier sit outside in the elements. Kinda comical having a 4 car garage and scraping windows and freezing before work all winter lol

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock bricknose headlights with a polish, silverstar ultra bulbs and drop in relay kit...

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how mine look in "fred" but honestly they don't hold a candle to hid bulbs [in projectors not illegally in reflector housings] high or low beam.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, the funny thing is that we were amazed at how good the light were back in 91. LOL

Cool project. I guess I’m getting old or spoiled because I find myself wanting more light these days.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, the funny thing is that we were amazed at how good the light were back in 91. LOL

Cool project. I guess I’m getting old or spoiled because I find myself wanting more light these days.

You know, I wonder how much the change in the design of headlights has effected the light output and pattern. I've noticed on the 2 vehicles that I have that use the conventional 900X "halogen" bulb seem to be so much brighter than the old seal beams, or early composite 900X headlights. (My Infiniti isn't a fair comparison since it has factory HID headlights).

I think the clear "flat" lens and faceted mirrors have something to do with it. All the OEM's switched to this style, so there must be a reason this change was made. Aiming the light with the mirror, instead of just reflecting it to be bent again to aim it at the lens. Changing the direction of light does add some attenuation. Good example is fiber optics. Every connector, bend in the fiber, splice takes some of the power of the light beam away. So manipulating the the light twice would reduce the light, even if it's just a tiny bit. Then throw in a fogged/cloudy/yellowed lens and now you usable light "outside" the housing is now less.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, another huge part of it is hot spots for our vision. Old halogens can scatter hot spots that make you not see as well in some areas that are still lit. Hid projectors fix this by having the hottest light be right at the cut off line for the low beams so the further down the road you look the brighter the light gets until the horizontal flat cutoff comes up. The light above the cutoff when the shields flip down for the high beams is even brighter than that so the light that goes further down the road is adjusted to your eyes. Some go as far to put an extra shield on the top of the projector that flips down when the cutoff for the high beams open which cuts half of the light off from your low beams to limit foreground light close to your vehicle to make your vision focus down the road better.