got my factory turbo on, and all i can say is wow!!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
im running 33's dont take much for me to break them loose, and a wet road is down right dangerous, any amount of throttle takin off when wet causes it to break loose

Lock the hubs when it rains:sly, a little 4wd on takeoff lets ya blow the doors of of most.;Really

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
i had much more smoke running n/a never melted it im not too worried about it:D

How high was your fuel screw before the turbo, once you get past a certain point a diesel will act like a Otto cycle engine and cool off with more fuel.

Basically what I'm saying is that usually more fuel makes more heat in a diesel, but extremely excessive amounts of fuel will start to put the flame out and therefore lower the EGT along with creating massive amounts of black smoke.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
How high was your fuel screw before the turbo, once you get past a certain point a diesel will act like a Otto cycle engine and cool off with more fuel.

Basically what I'm saying is that usually more fuel makes more heat in a diesel, but extremely excessive amounts of fuel will start to put the flame out and therefore lower the EGT along with creating massive amounts of black smoke.

about 3 flats from being maxxed IIRC

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i honestly think i could spin all four if the road was wet and i really wanted to

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thinking about it I came to the conclussion that your advances timing is making it easier fir you to build boost. Just a theory anyways.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Thinking about it I came to the conclussion that your advances timing is making it easier fir you to build boost. Just a theory anyways.

hmmm thats a good thought, i will wait till i get another gauge just to be sure, then i will hook the arm up on the side of the pump and do some adjusting and record numbers and power and just keep adjusting till i find were its the best

Black dawg

Reaction score
retarded timing will generally build boost better. That things gotta be really advanced in the low to mid range without the arm on the side of the pump.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I turned the fuel down to were it just puffs a little smoke if i rev it, but it still builds over 5psi by just revving the engine:dunno

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait- did I miss the pics? You have a t-19 right? well where's the pics?? and you won't get the "scout" sideways on 37s

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
wait- did I miss the pics? You have a t-19 right? well where's the pics?? and you won't get the "scout" sideways on 37s

are you asking me if i have a t-19? yes... and why not? it'll spin the 37's if i launch it in first gear with no turbo.... :sly

-Jon