ATS 093/FACTORY TURBO CLEARANCE.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some pictures of my turbo kit that I thought I would share.
if you ever have the motor out of your truck, before you pull it, mark areas of the firewall that are close to the motor. Then when the motor is out, TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER TO IT!!! You will thank me later.
I cut the pinch weld on the bottom of the cab up to just before the two pieces of sheet metal split (don't cut thru the cab, just the pinch weld)near the passenger side simply to aid in my bending of the seam for more clearance.
I then beat the area above the pinch weld for clearance of the downpipe. I also suggest new s&b body mounts to help get the truck back to factory height for more clearance. I also beat in the firewall near the pinch weld at the drivers foot well for clearance to the head/manifold.

When clearancing the firewall, when you think you have done too much, beat it in more!
This statement applies to all turbo kits

I then used dei trans and tunnel sheild with adhesive backing for firewall insulation. it is expensive, but worth it. It has a aluminum dimpled surface, and insulation while being very thin, and dei heat tape over the seams.
You must be registered for see images attach

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are leaving the motor in, a good suggestion is to use a 5' pry bar and 5-6' round chester pipe. be careful not to bend or damage things like valve covers, or injector lines, but both of these can be very helpful in bending the firewall out of the way. especially the round cheater pipe for smoothing the edges and making a nice radius bend job

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Chester pipe :rotflmao

All good info still. I used a small Sawzall to cut my pinch weld and a floor jack handle to roll my pinch weld over. Still had to manipulate the firewall to get the pipes to clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online