got my factory turbo on, and all i can say is wow!!!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
well congrats mr young... and about time.
Now don't ya feel a lil funny talking about how fast and speedy your na truck was?

Reaction score
Its good to see your happy with your turbo setup. Me, i was expecting a huge gain, like when I put twin turbos at 10 psi on my mustang....

oh whell, Im still happy with my ats, but even a stock powerstroke will walk away i would imagine

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
4:1 first gear with 4:10s eh? Id like to see that....:rolleyes:

-Jon

Oooo you have the T19a, didnt figure you would use that trans in a wheeling rig. I'm used to dealing with the wide ratio, and 4.10's with 37's? eek.

I dont think the B/S will be spinning 37's with your drivetrain

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Oooo you have the T19a, didnt figure you would use that trans in a wheeling rig. I'm used to dealing with the wide ratio, and 4.10's with 37's? eek.

I dont think the B/S will be spinning 37's with your drivetrain

Yeah the 5.5:1 first I had locked the input shaft bearing.I found this trans in the junkyard for $65. What's wrong with 37s and 4.10s?

-Jon

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Yeah the 5.5:1 first I had locked the input shaft bearing.I found this trans in the junkyard for $65. What's wrong with 37s and 4.10s?

-Jon

the 5.11 is a tough one to find too, they only used them for 2 model years. 6.32:1 wide ratio is much easier to find. I didn't realize how common the 4.02:1 T19a was, but I never messed with diesels before recently.

I guess in your application you don't have a lot of choice for lower ratio due to not having OD, and it seems you do highway driving, but with 37's you would be much happier with 4.88's - 5.13's

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
my truck will light the 38s off with no prob from a stop taking off in second gear on dry pavement with 4.10's and no turbo, i wish i had a turbo again god my truck would come alive

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Wish I still had the low first, otherwise its perfect. I can do 65-70mph all day long. It'll idle over anything I point it at in the woods and spin the tires clean in third.

-Jon

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I forgot my 250 had military 37s, 3.55s and the t19 and it'd spin them on dry pavement in second. Those tires were hard as rocks though, they sucked in the woods and on the road....

-Jon

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with mine because the only time my tires will light off is when there is ice under them LOL

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Its good to see your happy with your turbo setup. Me, i was expecting a huge gain, like when I put twin turbos at 10 psi on my mustang....

oh whell, Im still happy with my ats, but even a stock powerstroke will walk away i would imagine

I would put mine against any stock powerstroke. The PSD will run away with your wallet maybe.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

When mine was n/a it would run away from my stepdads psd easy a psd is a sick dog!(stock) now with the turbo i could probly suck the paint off of it:eek: mine has a **** load more power when i max the pump out,

Something has to be wrong with your truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online