Cup holders

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to pick your brain at some point. I couldn't do it in winter here but summer is doable.

Any experience with synthetic? Yay or Nay?
I have no idea what's in my tank. A little bit of everything. If you're concerned it might not burn, dip a rag in it and see if you can set it on fire.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...... Florida produces more serial killers per Capita than any other state........lol...... and so as to stay on topic, there's cup holders too.

C'mon around back and I'll show you my waste oil filtration setup. I keep it out back behind the barn where nobody can hear the screams er... The centrifuge running I mean. Heh heh heh.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those cup holders built into the center consoles work pretty well as long as you're going straight down the road. Hit a turn, bump, or pull into or out of a driveway and you may be wearing the drink. I've learned to hold the drink with my right hand until I'm out on the road and driving straight.
And now I can say that they were probably designed for 12 oz cans. I drove to the town dump this morning. I had a can of Mountain Dew in the console. It didn't tip over once and I was driving on some pretty rough streets.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you ever have a beverage in your truck? Until that ends, no, we are not done with cup holders.
And here I am getting by with a simple little plastic tray that was originally fastened to a horse stall for supplemental feeding....

I told The Girl that she was gonna hafta take some pics for me so I could post them...one will be the cupholder in the Case...and maybe I can sneak in one of the mess in the Girl Truck...

We use empty Gatorade bottles and fill them with mountain water...and maybe some powdered Gatorade...I have not bought a soda in a while...gets me too wound up...

The upshot is...the Gatorade bottles will not fit in the cupholders...no matter how hard I try to ram them in...

7-11 coffee...? fits good...but that is a rare treat...

meanwhile...I dug out some potential cupholders I could adapt...

Check this out...and imagine it without the glass and the strainer in the top...

I was playing with a couple of bodum frames...looking to see if I could get them to fit and work...

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here I am getting by with a simple little plastic tray that was originally fastened to a horse stall for supplemental feeding....

I told The Girl that she was gonna hafta take some pics for me so I could post them...one will be the cupholder in the Case...and maybe I can sneak in one of the mess in the Girl Truck...

We use empty Gatorade bottles and fill them with mountain water...and maybe some powdered Gatorade...I have not bought a soda in a while...gets me too wound up...

The upshot is...the Gatorade bottles will not fit in the cupholders...no matter how hard I try to ram them in...

7-11 coffee...? fits good...but that is a rare treat...

meanwhile...I dug out some potential cupholders I could adapt...

Check this out...and imagine it without the glass and the strainer in the top...

I was playing with a couple of bodum frames...looking to see if I could get them to fit and work...
I actually buy a certain type of juice in a bottle really similar to a Gatorade bottle, and keep the bottles for filling up with our well water(it has a certain flavor you get used to and only want it, probably like your mountain water) But I made my consoles to accommodate them......... totally custom. And it's probably been 15yrs since I drank a "soda drink".

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there’s a 69 Ford grain truck with an 1145 CAT V8 in it for sale on BigIron. Hear those motors are trash, like it’s successor, the 3208. Thing is, I’ve only been around 3208s which seem to sound different than these 1145s. The video in the listing actually makes it sound like a 6.9 or 7.3. Wonder if they had prechambers…

I don’t think the truck has cupholders.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there’s a 69 Ford grain truck with an 1145 CAT V8 in it for sale on BigIron. Hear those motors are trash, like it’s successor, the 3208. Thing is, I’ve only been around 3208s which seem to sound different than these 1145s. The video in the listing actually makes it sound like a 6.9 or 7.3. Wonder if they had prechambers…

What I think is just nuts is that the ad mentions that it has a 10 speed transmission like that's important or something and doesn't say one line about the number of beverages that can be safely accommodated.......... just crazy! I hope whoever buys it doesn't consider the console that @Nero likes, it'll really look out of place in a '69 truck.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet you that it had something in there to help the driver pass the time away...and not be thirsty...even if it was cobbled together outa corn stalks...

Who knows..? It could have a bean bag chair in it..?

Speaking of...has anyone ever made an easy chair outa a pile of #57 gravel...? I just did a while ago and it wasn't too bad...got a chance to look up at the sky and ponder...

sorta like making yerself a sand sofa at the beach...but not quite like layin' on a bed of nails...