My wife's bronco died!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"If you have to make brackets to get it all to fit...I think that it is going to be worth the effort in the long run..."

That reminded me of something...back when I still had a shop...

I had a Buddy that had (still has..) a 2003 dually 4x4 with a 6.0...

Where do I begin...a few stories on that truck come to mind...but I will stick to a short one at the moment...it took me a while to warm up to that truck because it seemed that he had to do a lot to get it sorted out...

Turns out it was front-ended sometime before he got it and didn't know it...it had been fixed and painted...it would have taken a really close examination to discover that fact beforehand...and whoever fixed it put a gas engine front end with radiator support...it was grafted at the frame about a foot to 18" back...we realized later....

So...when the Bud tried to put the correct diesel engine radiator in...it stuck up several inches and the hood would not close...it was a Saturday night and he needed the truck to drive to work 80 miles on Monday...and he was in the Navy...and being late or not showing up was definitely not an option...

He tied the hood down and drove it up to my shop and...late Saturday night into early Sunday morning he pulled the radiator back out and I cut the old brackets out and fabbed up new stuff out of what metal I had laying around...I used a lincoln sp125+...which turned out to be a pretty good investment for the future..thing got a lot of use...

After I did my part...I conked out on a creeper and he got it back together by daylight...I was so beat the sound of an air ratchet did not wake me up...

That must have been about 12-13 years ago...last year he swapped out the cab...and the radiator support...and I was reminded about that episode in the saga of the 2003 dually...6.0

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the IDI doesn't need a fan. I just saw that in a thread and was curious.
I agree, I would also try to make the shroud work if it sees much stoplight or other extended slow driving. Or if the ac is used at idle.

If it is just a highway vehicle you could get away without it and never notice the difference.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This really doesn't have to do with her bronco dying but I figured I'd put this here. So the master cylinder was leaking and I had to replace it, but check this out......cast aluminum? The bronco is 6lbs lighter I think.

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_145223.jpg
    IMG_20230927_145223.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 6

Reggie f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those on some fords before. They're very light weight compared to the cast iron. They also turn all white and fuzzy inside if there is moisture in the brake fluid.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen those on some fords before. They're very light weight compared to the cast iron. They also turn all white and fuzzy inside if there is moisture in the brake fluid.
Ha! That's what I figured, white fuzzy. Better than rusty...... maybe.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This really doesn't have to do with her bronco dying but I figured I'd put this here. So the master cylinder was leaking and I had to replace it, but check this out......cast aluminum? The bronco is 6lbs lighter I think.
I just put one of those on my 84 a few months back. Definitely looks better the the cast iron one, so far anyway.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.