Cup holders

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
So what are Y'all doing for cup holders? I'm not part of the bench gang so I can't just get an aftermarket one that sits on the bench.

Anyone try one of these yet? Looks pretty slick.

And no, I don't want to continue using the answer of 'just hold it between your legs', I'm tired of burning the family jewels with spilled coffee.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on here who has them, i just can't remember his username. He's on the Facebook groups. Has a green 250 and he recently did a zf5 swap.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely custom made by the owner. The first 2 pictures are to prototype that used to be in the dually but moved to the tow truck. The other 2 pictures is the more refined model that occupies the dually now

Attachments

• IMG_20230806_104855.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104855.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230806_104905.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104905.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230806_104938.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104938.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230806_104945.jpg
    IMG_20230806_104945.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 30

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
My wood cutting skills are about as good as my welding skills. Good enough to work, but will be ugly as hell.
I do like how that looks!

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That linked holder looks sweet, am sure it works well but is a bit too close to the shifter for my liking.
Similar to the wooden box posted above I picked up a plastic center console from Wally World a couple years back and it’s worked really well. Has 4 cup holders and was like 30 dollhairs

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wood cutting skills are about as good as my welding skills. Good enough to work, but will be ugly as hell.
I'm the same way...I have some formal training but mostly self-taught...I say that my welds are ugly as home-made sin but they hold...

On the cup holder thing...I am always on the lookout for stuff that I can re-purpose...as the saying goes...and I spotted an unused (at the moment) horse supplement feeder with a bit of rope attached and also fastened to a chunk of 2x4 and it fits great behind my shifter and does not try to slide away...

I was desperate after I had a full cup of 7-11 coffee slide all the way right on the dash and out the passenger window...I did not even get a sip of the stuff...!!!

One minute...fresh coffee and all is well....the next minute....nothing but a memory....it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion...nothing I could have done once things started moving....

Don't ask me how it stayed upright and flew out the window...but it was a sight to behold !!

After that I looked at all sorts of stuff to see what I could adapt...broken bodum frames...(the glass was missing but the plastic looked about right...) just anything round and long...so...the plastic horse utility is gonna do for now....

Anything that sits on the bench seat is not gonna work...I like to take naps in the truck occasionally and that would just be in the way...

Gotta catch a little shut-eye whenever I can....
My 86 has factory cup holders.
I would like to see that...I used to pride myself on being spartan and utilitarian...but I find myself liking power brakes and I could use intermittent wipers...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted pictures of my center consoles, but they're awaiting "moderator approval"?

How many pictures did you try to post? I get that occasionally, it seems like whenever I try to post 5 pictures at once. I think snicklas said it's random but :dunno I just updated a thread and got the same thing too. They'll get approved next time a moderator logs in most likely.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many pictures did you try to post? I get that occasionally, it seems like whenever I try to post 5 pictures at once. I think snicklas said it's random but :dunno I just updated a thread and got the same thing too. They'll get approved next time a moderator logs in most likely.
It was just 4 pictures. I guess the sweet curves on the duallys console made it look like something else.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I like that metal one you posted. I bought one of these off Amazon, and had planned to somehow mount it to the center front of my bench:

Camco Adjustable Drink Holder | Can Hold Mugs, Large Drinks and Almost Any Size Bottle or Can | Make Great Extra Cupholders for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Vans, Boats and Much More | Black (44044) https://a.co/d/5kYRlZ0

That being said I really like that metal design and I might just copy that instead since I have some 14 gauge stainless sheet sitting around.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with bucket seats. I saw an 07 super duty console retrofitted into I believe a bronco on Facebook a few days ago.

For the bench seats most of the obs and early superdutys seats have the flip down armrest with storage and cup holders. The crew cab obs and early superduty rear seat has a removable cup holder that attaches to the center front of the seat.

James