Cup holders

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled off the trim on the drivers seat, and it had a chrysler logo on the inside. Figures.

I had originally purchased this seat setup from pick n pull, it was in an extendo cab 1989 idi

Edit,

Finally identified it. 1992 Dodge Spirit seats.
Well they fit and look comfortable. Outside of making something from scratch, I'm without an idea.

bumblebeer

Reaction score
Yeah, from scratch is probably the only way to go. If you aren't comfortable with your wood mangling skills, go to your local thrift store armed with a tape measure. You may find something to "modify."

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a far better option than their junk slushbox.
Yeah...it does take a lot of doing to get them close to 100% reliable and durable, too...the aftermarket finally came out with a pressure transducer that could stand up to jacking up the line pressure...

If you have ever done a 47RE valvebody...it has a bunch of castings...covers...parts...fasteners...etc...sometimes on a modified engine truck...it can be problematic.

I prefer stick...no cooler and lines to hassle with.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the seat thing....I had a '69 Ford van for a number of years and I had bolted some 70's Mercury Montego seats in it...they were Fat...black leather......I finally took 'em out and bolted some Maverick seats in and used the Montego seats for an in-the-house easy chair...

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about something like this:

Moblorg Center Console for Minivans, SUVs, Middle Van Console, Extra Cup Holders, Large Storage, Made in USA (Gray) https://a.co/d/4cPRDJ6

8.5 inches so it seems like it would squeeze right in there and fit snug enough to stay put. I’m not sure about the length or height measurements though.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Moblorg Center Console for Minivans, SUVs, Middle Van Console, Extra Cup Holders, Large Storage, Made in USA (Gray) https://a.co/d/4cPRDJ6

8.5 inches so it seems like it would squeeze right in there and fit snug enough to stay put. I’m not sure about the length or height measurements though.
It's not "custom" enough. There's no sharp edges or opportunities to get splinters. I'm giving it the "thumbs down". It just doesn't say "old Ford truck".

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score

I dig it, looks like it's just wide enough to fit too!
I'll run it by the wife, she's adament about wanting to keep that space vacant to get into the back seat, but I say too bad.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hot and black with home-town honey....that is the only way I do coffee...
I have dairy cows, so I like a bit of fresh milk with my stove top percolated to death super coffee and a spoon of local honey. I actually just cleaned up my beehives, I'm hoping to have some really local honey next year.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dig it, looks like it's just wide enough to fit too!
I'll run it by the wife, she's adament about wanting to keep that space vacant to get into the back seat, but I say too bad.
I don't know about this. I hope UPS goes on strike and it doesn't get delivered. I just can't support this decision.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to have some really local honey next year.
The Girl and I are trying to get some bees....we hung out some swarm boxes and the not-too-long-outta college building inspector asked me if I had the trees rigged to blow....he didn't know what to make of these boxes hung up on trees.

We have this neighbor that is super into bees and usually has a surplus of honey...we want to start on a small scale and work up from there...he has been super helpful...can't ask for any better neighbors than that...

Gotta congratulate you on your work, there...it is a pretty big undertaking.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Girl and I are trying to get some bees....we hung out some swarm boxes and the not-too-long-outta college building inspector asked me if I had the trees rigged to blow....he didn't know what to make of these boxes hung up on trees.

We have this neighbor that is super into bees and usually has a surplus of honey...we want to start on a small scale and work up from there...he has been super helpful...can't ask for any better neighbors than that...

Gotta congratulate you on your work, there...it is a pretty big undertaking.
I used to have bees but the mites got them a few years ago and I got busy and didn't bother to get back into them. Honey bees are the most intense livestock ever, I miss them.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Idea...I'll have to try that with my '87 door panels in my '85...

Did not even think about it....woulda saved me that coffee that flew out the pass. side window...

I am still kicking myself for that one...
I dont know why I can’t picture a brick lower door peice but it has to be the stretchy carpet won’t really work on the hard plastic