Cup holders

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no sharp edges or opportunities to get splinters.
Actually...when I was doing transmission RnR ( I had not learned to rebuild yet...) I cut and burned myself more on GM products than Fords or Chryslers...especially on the 'newer' FWD Citations and all of the FWD pimp wagons built after that...it seemed that a lot of stamped metal they were built with was thinner and had a lot of jagged edges than other vehicles...sometimes you had to chop a weld out to remove the transaxle...

cheap stuff...

I suppose a good yardstick for guaging a vehicle's ultimate true value is how much support it has in the aftermarket for restoration parts...

I mean...is anyone really bringing back to life a FWD GM or Chrysler product from the late 70's and early 80's...?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I would have to say it's definitely a niche market. I see people more restoring classic sports cars, like older camaros, mustangs, opels, things that stand out. Ain't no one restoring a dodge stratus

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Those seats don't look stock. What did those seats come out of? Very nice.
They're out of a 1992 Dodge Spirit.
While I'm ashamed they are a chrysler product, they're very comfortable and have plenty of back support.
I would only change them out if I managed to find a 2015 F250 seat setup.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're out of a 1992 Dodge Spirit.
While I'm ashamed they are a chrysler product, they're very comfortable and have plenty of back support.
I would only change them out if I managed to find a 2015 F250 seat setup.
I thought maybe a T-bird or Crown-vic but none of the image searches matched your photo, so I had to ask. Dodge or no dodge, they look like they could have been an option. The only way I knew for sure, was the adjustable headrests. None of our trucks ever came with them.

Oh, and I used to have leather Chrysler Cordoba seats in mine at one point, so I can't talk smack even if I wanted to.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A renalt LaCar would be more impressive.
The first time I ever saw three-lug wheels....I was astounded...and...have you ever had a need for a !!...9...!! MM wrench..? and special bolts only available from the dealer...maybe...for the torque convertor....don't let one get away...

On a renault alliance...( note that I don't use capitals for the 'r' and the 'a'..) if the speedo cable loses lube and makes the driven gear wear out the case...you had to buy a new case...I just sleeved it with an...'ahem'.... piece of spent brass with the head cut off with a tubing cutter...

At least Volkswagens used 13 MM bolt heads...they did have some esoteric bolts for the axles...

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Only time I've ever used a 9mm socket was.. On a vw clutch, and it had to be a 12 point. Leave it to vw to keep things interesting.