Cup holders

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy somewhat local to me that has built several dentside crew cab truck. They are all 24 valve Cummins powered with the '12 + king ranch interior. I am not a fan of the Cummins swaps but these were very nice and capable trucks.

James
Does he do any sound deadening? Cause my van is quiet compared to my 24 valve and I’m damn near sitting on the IDI!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a mini taurus.
Yeah...the cupholder in that has a six-way harness...and it has to be tech inspected as well as sporting a current SFI sticker....

It is important...even critical that your coffee is properly secured while you are showing the back bumper to the chevys and dodges...

I would not be surprised if that machine had a Holley black pump and regulator attached to the cupholder to feed the driver...

One of the tech requirements for that feature is to have a reverse inertia switch to cut off the flow of coffee in case of an oops...

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I've ever used a 9mm socket was.. On a vw clutch, and it had to be a 12 point. Leave it to vw to keep things interesting.

Carfull, vw likes to use triple square that looks like a 12 point. At least with other germans like bmw and mercedes, they used inverted torxs so you can identify the special ed bolts.

Weirdos...... knight rider is WAY more sophisticated...... and you can build your own KITT........voice command and all. The A Team van is the #1 most reproduced "star car". I'm considering doing my black bronco with a A Team theme, but have no plans for a GMC vandura.......or a starship Enterprise.

Ill take red dwarf, were I get to watch some psycos bumble around a ship.

I need a storage bin for my dynamite too, shame the bow and arrows won't fit in there too

We ganna make the fish all foat round here?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
@1mouse3 I have owned several vw's and currently an audi, I have 3 sets of triple squares haha

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily is a B5.5 Passat TDI, 5-spd swapped. And yes, more special things and maintenance required than most OC Housewives. But the 42mpg is nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

It’s an A4 in sheep’s clothing LOL Love the way it drives

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned several vw's and currently an audi, I have 3 sets of triple squares haha

Hey Nero...since you are VW savvy...what do you think of an EOS..?

The Girl has one and I talked her into taking it to the dragstrip and darn if she didn't run a faster time and more MPH through the traps than I did...??

By the way...it came equipped with cupholders....

Speaking of cupholders in modern vehicles...you guys be careful about spilling drinks on the floor shifter...automatic or standard...there is usually some kind of sensor there underneath that will really ruin your month if you have to replace it...

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
@XOLATEM I think the EOS looks cool, especially if they have the convertible hard tops on them. But they're essentially an overglorified audi TT, so they're built to handle turns well and drive fast.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited the Audi plant in Ingolstat, Germany and it was pretty wild how they manufacture the Audi. The body parts are stamped out and stacked up and mostly robotically welded together...then the drivetrain and body are 'married' and then the people do the details such as wiring and other stuff...the front end is assembled to the chassis in almost one piece.

All along the assembly line are rooms that have bathrooms and etc. to keep the workers on task...

Thirty-five hours per car from start to finish...and you can buy one there that has only had a test drive and computer scan.

There was also a museum and a guided tour...cool place to visit.

In the restaurant...the napkins have a guide on the correct way to slice a tomato...no joke...I brought a couple back...

As an aside...I also met at a group high school reunion in Neumarkt, Bavaria...one of the main guys that headed up the group that managed to sidestep emission control standards for imports into the US...for a time until it was discovered....he seemed to not be regretful at all...but that was only my impression...my not being very familiar with German culture and customs...he was a personable guy...and drove a model 8 Audi.

The history timeline for the companies that merged over time to become Audi was illustrated on a wall...Auto Union...that is what the logo is all about.

I imagine that they have well-engineered cup holders...

Last edited: