Cup holders

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The way I’ve always looked at a forum (this one included) is like a bunch of like-ish minded people sitting around a campfire talking. You will have conversation about the subject you are all like-ish minded about, but that conversation will wander on and off topic…. This is part of what makes it enjoyable…..

I’ve been on another forum for a different interest I have, and at one point (it has gotten much better now) that it was a very much stay on the subject kind of place…. Really no fun that way, cause there were times a thread would end up having more posts bit**ing about being off topic, than actual real content…. There was even a group of members that got called the “correct police” because if you made any modification from the factoy original configuration (or adding factory options that were available, just not punched for this particular unit) you would feel the wrath…..

We all have different tsates in what we like. I am a “i like it stock” kinda person…. My Excursion is just as it was when it rolled out of Bowling Green in 2003. But I appreciate there are people that would not like that. They would rather it be so low you couldn’t slip a piece of paper between the frame rail and the ground…. Or tall enough you could stand under it and change the erl……. I’m ok with that… some like patina…. Some like shiny….. that s all good…. The only one I can’t figure out is the dog dragging its you know what look…….

So enjoy that fire, set you preferred beverage in the cup holder on your lawn chair and enjoy the company…….

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a fact!!! And for a complete stranger, no less. Says a lot.
The swim up would be challenging, but then on the way back I'd have my cupholder/ flotation device. Unless, by some tragic twist of fate, there was an out of hurricane season storm to blow me off course, I'd be adrift, like Tom Hanks, at the mercy of friendly (allegedly) Russian sailors. WILSON!!! Oh the horror.
I actually keep Wilson safely buckled in the back seat, but I let him up front to show you that he approves of my cupholders..

Attachments

• IMG_20231206_130640.jpg
    IMG_20231206_130640.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20231206_130814.jpg
    IMG_20231206_130814.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 14

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what this a gift when you were a FedEx driver? Did he rid in the truck with you then?
No, my kids made it for me and I did the hand print. I didn't take it out with me, but I would put him on the steering wheel of my personal vehicle in the parking lot while I was gone for the day. I have a big beard and "wild" look about myself (I could be Jace Robertson's stunt double),so I fit the image and I really like the movie "Cast Away"

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay
Okay, so you're admittedly a hirsute type of character, and you worked for fed ex. Did you find the welder girlie at the end of the movie, the one with the cool old truck? It's all coming clear.
No, I'm not that guy. I just got the volly ball. My wife can't weld, but she does drive a cool old truck with cupholders (86 bronco) and when she's not driving it she's driving KITT(90 firebird) which has no cupholders.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's a common configuration for bucket seats