Collision Restoration for Wanda the Miner

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring her by! @Thewespaul and I are more than willing! Got an order of pads in for my buffer too. So after I finish getting her back together with the new parts I'm gonna go crazy on the body work. I used to be really in to buffing and such but have gotten lazy over the past few years. But this kinda got me the kick in the butt I needed. I love my more than is healthy lol but shes got some dents that are begging to be pulled.

We'll see, you're only 3 days away :D maybe after the rally next year. I'd love to make it back down there. Especially since now I've worked some of the bugs out since I picked it up last year in Jacksboro!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess "TECHNICALLY" It's just over a day, but crossing time zones makes it 24hrs right? :Thumbs Up

You must be registered for see images attach

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would end up TOTALY being worth the drive. You would leave here with 2 new slick bumpers, major tuneup on entire drive train, CLEAN and SHINY body... The works man!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally got some puttin together done! Water pump with felpro gasket and fan installed. Started working on the shackles but having trouble getting the old bushings out. Don't have work tomorrow morning so I should get some good work in on her!
You must be registered for see images

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would end up TOTALY being worth the drive. You would leave here with 2 new slick bumpers, major tuneup on entire drive train, CLEAN and SHINY body... The works man!

I'll probably wait until I have some extra scratch and y'all have a used turbo kit. :peelout

I'm really glad you got it sorted out with the insurance. They can be a real pain.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress so far today. Got the measurements of the water pump bolts posted up for future reference! Also got new shackles installed and bumper mounts for the stock bumper cut off.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the red neck way of straightening the front clip [emoji481]

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the radiator installed. Turns out I need a new lower radiator hose [emoji35]

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized I meant to put the belt back on before the radiator. Good ol' me, screwing myself over left and right lol

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just realized I meant to put the belt back on before the radiator. Good ol' me, screwing myself over left and right lol

Usually it's not something that simple though! I usually have to pull half the engine back apart for that one bolt I forgot. A belt is easy lol

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha that's very true. I'm hoping I can get the grill, lights, etc to all look straight and stuff and not have to replace the header panel. If I do end up having to replace it I'll have to take off all the front trim and radiator!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online