Collision Restoration for Wanda the Miner

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mothers mag and aluminum polish and a cheap drill rim polishing kit off eBay, takes about 10-15 minutes per rim

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've been using his ryobi brand one. I'm gonna try and order some new pads for mine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If it works, it works. Lol
I've been eyeing the porter cable and rupes.
Probably settle for the HF 4 inch. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it works, it works. Lol
I've been eyeing the porter cable and rupes.
Probably settle for the HF 4 inch. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I have the HF 6 inch orbital and have for a long time. For the money, that thing is actually a beast. Variable speed, and it actually does no big down easy at all. I can put it in full speed and put my weight into it and it's a nice slow turn like you want for buffing. I would recommend it.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you plan on buying it back after they total it?
Ah come on man don't talk like that lol. I've already got what little bit of frame tweaked under the bumper straightened out. So I'm really hoping they don't total it. It still runs for crying out loud... But to answer your question... Yes I would.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Got her buffed and Purdy. Ordered a 4 row aluminum radiator, new headlights, found a better deal on a set of front shackles than I could on just the one so both front shackles are on their way. Went to Napa to pick up the water pump today and they pulled out one that had obviously been on a truck before and had no gasket in the box with it. Needless to say I was not happy. So that's on reorder and gonna be there today. Gotta order a thermostat. After that it's just trim pieces, hood, paint, and build a bumper. [emoji41]
You must be registered for see images attach

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just hit a deer in mine about a month ago. It messed up my bumper and grill. I pulled the bumper to see if there was any other damage and found the frame bent and cracked in the same place yours is (but not as bad). The leafs and hangars were bent too. Insurance didn't total it out and wrote me a check to have the frame swapped. You have much more damage than I did but they valued my truck at $5500 (94 IDIT with 175k, auto trans 4x4, extended cab xlt). So they wrote me a check for $4100.

I was also going to say I have an 86 cclb you could have once I'm done pulling the axles (for the frame), but your profile says you're in Texas and I'm in Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online